Connecting an ICOM IC-736 for rig control #setup

Tom

I recently purchased an ICOM IC-736 for my home rig and would like to get the rig control working.  I have the recommended USB/com cord to run to the "Remote" port on the radio. 

So far I can not get this to work. 

Anyone get it working and willing to share some details?

Thanks in advance!
Tom

Mike Olbrisch

WOW – it has been a long long time……  but IIRC the IC-73x radios needed more than a cable for what rudimentary computer control was available back then.  And IIRC, a converter was necessary.  Icom CT-17?  I think it was capable of controlling up to 4 radios.  And it almost certainly was a serial device.

I have a big box of old ICOM stuff somewhere.  I remember seeing some kind of adapter in the box, don’t remember what it was anymore.  As I don’t have many ICOM radios these days, I should put that stuff on E-bay and clean off the shelf.  I know there is an AH-2B in there.

Vy73  –  Mike  –  KD5KC –  El Paso – Texas  –  DM61. 

The canyons are calling, colorful and deep.  But I have promises to keep.

And miles to go still in my Jeep...   And miles to go still in my Jeep...

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.   An EXIT is really an

ENTRANCE to someplace new.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2021 20:36 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Connecting an ICOM IC-736 for rig control #setup

I recently purchased an ICOM IC-736 for my home rig and would like to get the rig control working.  I have the recommended USB/com cord to run to the "Remote" port on the radio. 

So far I can not get this to work. 

Anyone get it working and willing to share some details?

Thanks in advance!
Tom