Topics

Connecting ACLog and WSJT-X


Mel - N7GCO - Cheney, WA
 

is there any other program other than JTAlert I can use to link ACLog and WSJT-X together?


JoAnn Donaldson
 

Yes, there is a Python Script that when the Log Box opens and you click Log, the script will grab the info, format it for the ACLog and send it to ACLog, where it will appear. The script will then reset itself and wait for the next time you click Log on the Log Popup box.

JoAnn
Ab8YZ

On Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 7:33:58 PM CST, Mel - N7GCO - Cheney, WA <teammel@...> wrote:


is there any other program other than JTAlert I can use to link ACLog and WSJT-X together?


Terence Taylor
 

I actually have JTAlert talking to ACL from WSJTx, but it always reports the mode as SSB and the sent and received RST as 59.

On Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 5:46:18 PM PST, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...> wrote:


Yes, there is a Python Script that when the Log Box opens and you click Log, the script will grab the info, format it for the ACLog and send it to ACLog, where it will appear. The script will then reset itself and wait for the next time you click Log on the Log Popup box.

JoAnn
Ab8YZ

On Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 7:33:58 PM CST, Mel - N7GCO - Cheney, WA <teammel@...> wrote:


is there any other program other than JTAlert I can use to link ACLog and WSJT-X together?


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 2/12/2020 1:13 pm, Terence Taylor wrote:
I actually have JTAlert talking to ACL from WSJTx, but it always reports the mode as SSB and the sent and received RST as 59.

FYI, That's is not a JTAlert problem. ACLog is setting the mode to SSB and RST to 59. JTAlert doesn't set the mode or rst of ACLog. The only time it sets the mode and rst is when it logs a QSO and that WILL NEVER be SSB, only the mode set in WSJT-X. ACLog is making the decision to set the mode and rst incorrectly

de Laurie VK3AMA


Scott Davis
 

Hi Mel,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Yes, in addition to JTAlert by Laurie, VK3AMA and WSJT-X to N3FJP by Dave Slotter, W3DJS  (the referenced Python script), a third option is Grid Tracker (gridtracker.org).

Enjoy!


73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...


-----Original Message-----
From: JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Dec 1, 2020 8:46 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Connecting ACLog and WSJT-X

Yes, there is a Python Script that when the Log Box opens and you click Log, the script will grab the info, format it for the ACLog and send it to ACLog, where it will appear. The script will then reset itself and wait for the next time you click Log on the Log Popup box.

JoAnn
Ab8YZ

On Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 7:33:58 PM CST, Mel - N7GCO - Cheney, WA <teammel@...> wrote:


is there any other program other than JTAlert I can use to link ACLog and WSJT-X together?


Mel - N7GCO - Cheney, WA
 

I really like JTAlert and hope I can figure out how to make it work. de Laurie VK3AMA has been very helpful in trying to get it to work.
JTAlert is really an amazing program that has some wonderful features. I have used it for several years on my old computer, but when I upgraded to a new computer something didn't quite go right. I am still hopeful we can get it working again. If not, it is nice to know there are some options.