From: Woody Hester via groups.io <fghester@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Tue, Sep 29, 2020 5:23 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Comport Problem

Trying to set up Rig Interface. K3S and computer is Dell Inspiron running Windows 7 Pro.  No Comports show up in the Com Port box.  Anyone know how to get them to appear?  I've exhausted the Windows 7 and Microsoft help sites to no avail.  Thanks! / WD9F

Woody Hester

Hi Scott.  Thanks for this.  I have already tried this.  I think my problem is a computer problem of some kind.  Not a problem with the logger.  For some reason, my comports don't even show up in Device Manager.  Not even hidden... and I can't even find them in Bios to make sure they are enabled.  I used to run this particular computer with a Flex rig with some third party add ons.  I fear I inadvertently did something to make my comports invisible??  Any suggestions welcome from you or others, but I'm sure this is not a problem with you logger.  Thanks!! / Woody / WD9F

Scott Davis

Hi Woody,

In addition to the users having data erased, I understand that the latest Windows update is also overwriting current Windows drivers with older versions, so that may have occurred in your case.