From: Jim Hamlin <Jhamlin2015@...>
To: n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io <n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io>
Sent: Thu, May 6, 2021 1:45 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Com Port Conflict

I'm wanting to link wsjt-x with AClog - using JTAlert, but I'm suspecting there'll be a port conflict since they're both on COM4.  In ACLog, when I identified my radio (Icom) , COM4 was automatically assigned.  How can I change it?  I have my Icom706MK2, Signalink and a WINmini all plugged into a USB hub going to my laptop.  I confess ignorance as to the assignment of COM ports.

Get Outlook for Android

Jim Hamlin

When I do that, the command codes go blank and I lose polling.  Am I missing sonething?

Thanks for your e-mail.  To free up your com port in AC Log so that the other apps can access your rig, just select None from the rig list (Settings > Rig Interface).  Be sure to click the Save Settings button at the lower left first, so you can quickly reload your settings.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

I'm wanting to link wsjt-x with AClog - using JTAlert, but I'm suspecting there'll be a port conflict since they're both on COM4.  In ACLog, when I identified my radio (Icom) , COM4 was automatically assigned.  How can I change it?  I have my Icom706MK2, Signalink and a WINmini all plugged into a USB hub going to my laptop.  I confess ignorance as to the assignment of COM ports.

Get Outlook for Android

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your follow up.  That is the behavior you should expect when you disable rig interface from N3FJP Software, to allow your other app access to the com port.  There are a lot more details here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q40

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

[...]

Thanx again, will give it a try.  You guys rock!

Get Outlook for Android