From: Fred K2DFC via groups.io <k2dfc@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Tue, Mar 23, 2021 5:24 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Closing ACLog

I've been using ACLog for many many years. recently when I go to X out ACLog I get an error message telling me "Not a legal form." I then hit OK and it closes. What does this mean and why am I getting it. Just started with version 6.8.
Fred
K2DFC

Fred K2DFC

One thing I noticed Scott, ACLog has to be up and running for awhile. If I load and then close I don't get the message. But here it is.

Fred
K2DFC

Rebecca Milligan <rebeccamilligan@...>

Hi Fred,

Do you have backup enabled? If so, is the path for the backup valid?

73,

Rebecca, N4EFS

I've been using ACLog for many many years. recently when I go to X out ACLog I get an error message telling me "Not a legal form." I then hit OK and it closes. What does this mean and why am I getting it. Just started with version 6.8.
Fred
K2DFC

Scott Davis

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your follow up.  That error message is the result of an invalid path to your backup location, or a result of your protection software not permitting AC Log to see the path.  It appears you don't have a path entered.  Click File > Backup Options to correct the path or disable the option.

Capture.JPG

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

One thing I noticed Scott, ACLog has to be up and running for awhile. If I load and then close I don't get the message. But here it is.

Fred
K2DFC

Fred K2DFC

I never created any kind of backup. I was under the assumption from posts I've read over the years that ACLog backs up on closing. I also back up to a thumb drive on a regular basis. But I changed nothing I'm aware of. The path problem just started with the latest version.

Fred
K2DFC