Closing ACLog

Fred K2DFC

I've been using ACLog for many many years. recently when I go to X out ACLog I get an error message telling me "Not a legal form." I then hit OK and it closes. What does this mean and why am I getting it. Just started with version 6.8.
--
Fred
K2DFC

Scott Davis

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your e-mail. Sorry you've run into trouble. I've not heard of anything like that before or made any changes to the close routine. Please send a screen shot of the error message. Also, if there is a detail button on the error message, please click it and send us that information as well.

Thanks!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Tue, Mar 23, 2021 5:24 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Closing ACLog

I've been using ACLog for many many years. recently when I go to X out ACLog I get an error message telling me "Not a legal form." I then hit OK and it closes. What does this mean and why am I getting it. Just started with version 6.8.
--
Fred
K2DFC

Fred K2DFC

One thing I noticed Scott, ACLog has to be up and running for awhile. If I load and then close I don't get the message. But here it is.

--
Fred
K2DFC

Rebecca Milligan <rebeccamilligan@...>

Hi Fred,

Do you have backup enabled? If so, is the path for the backup valid?

Rebecca, N4EFS

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io [mailto:N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io] On Behalf Of Fred K2DFC via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 5:24 PM
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Closing ACLog

--
Fred
K2DFC

Scott Davis

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your follow up.  That error message is the result of an invalid path to your backup location, or a result of your protection software not permitting AC Log to see the path.  It appears you don't have a path entered.  Click File > Backup Options to correct the path or disable the option.

Capture.JPG

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Sent: Wed, Mar 24, 2021 1:17 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Closing ACLog

One thing I noticed Scott, ACLog has to be up and running for awhile. If I load and then close I don't get the message. But here it is.

--
Fred
K2DFC

Fred K2DFC

I never created any kind of backup. I was under the assumption from posts I've read over the years that ACLog backs up on closing. I also back up to a thumb drive on a regular basis. But I changed nothing I'm aware of. The path problem just started with the latest version.

--
Fred
K2DFC