Changing the name of an "OTHER" field?

Mike Olbrisch

Good morning.

I’ve searched through the FAQ and HELP files at the N3FJP web site, and either there is no info about this or I overlooked it.

Many years ago I made up an OTHER field to track a data entry that did not have an ADIF specification.  Sometime later, there was an ADIF spec made for this data, but since I already had it working I didn’t care.  So I left the other field the way it was.  NOW – they have enabled ADIF uploading of the logs, provided the ADIF name is correct.  My data field name is not the correct ADIF name.  I would like to change it.

So here is my dilemma.

I have never attempted this before.  Can I just go to à SETTINGS  à  OTHER FIELDS  and change the name to the proper ADIF spec?  Or will that destroy my log.  I am reluctant to just try it, I am hoping someone else has done it successfully and can tell how.  But if I’m going where no man has gone before, I’ll make a good backup (I’ll do that anyway) and give it a shot.

Thanks and good morning.

Mike – KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.

An EXIT is really an ENTRANCE to someplace new.

Scott Davis

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Yep, that will do the trick!  It will not affect your data, just the output tag when you export in ADIF.

[...]

Thank you Scott.  If that info is in the FAQ, I certainly overlooked it.

Wishing you all a SUPER day.

Vy73  –  Mike  –  KD5KC –  El Paso – Texas  –  DM61.

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.   An EXIT is really an

ENTRANCE to someplace new.