Topics

Backups

Bob Smallwood

For some situations, just overwriting your backup file each time you exit is not a winning strategy.
For example, if you corrupt your main file, then write it over top your backup, the backup is now broken exactly the same way.

Scott, I'd like to suggest you provide an option to add date/time to the backup file NAMES. That way, you'd be keeping your previous file intact, in case you have to roll back... Of course, every so often we need to go back and delete a bunch of them!

And, with that: second suggestion to do LIVE, auto backups every hour or two on contest logs...

Bob, N3FM

Scott Davis

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Dates and times for both AC Log and the contest software (which optionally occur every 15 minutes) are already appended:

Capture.JPG

If you have any additional questions, I have lots of support for you on:

- Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page:  http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html  (the vast majority of commonly asked questions are answered right here).

- Our website help section:  http://www.n3fjp.com/help/index.html

- Our YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkxw9QX84F4tFyX8JavCOD3XVUS5Dsznw

And if you still have questions after reviewing all the resources above, please feel free to search the topics and / or e-mail us on our users support e-mail group:  https://groups.io/g/N3FJPSoftwareUsers