Topics

Awards Question

Kenneth W. Campbell

Hi all,

I've been searching but haven't come upon the answer I need. Here's my situation:
1. I've recently moved from California to Missouri.
2. I've created a station location in ARRL's TQSL application for my new place. I now have "Home" and "Missouri" stations in TQSL.

Here's the question: For award tracking and LoTW credit, specifically 5 Band WAS from the Missouri station, do I need to create a new log in AC Log, or just tell the AC Log upload page to use the Missouri Station location?

Any help will be earnestly appreciated!
--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD

AI3KS

Ken,

On the LOTW manager there is an option to choose the station location prior to uploading.

Steve, AI3KS

On 20/12/10 17:27, Kenneth W. Campbell wrote:
Hi all,

I've been searching but haven't come upon the answer I need. Here's my situation:
2. I've created a station location in ARRL's TQSL application for my new place. I now have "Home" and "Missouri" stations in TQSL.

Here's the question: For award tracking and LoTW credit, specifically 5 Band WAS from the Missouri station, do I need to create a new log in AC Log, or just tell the AC Log upload page to use the Missouri Station location?

--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD

Mike Olbrisch

Define “LoTW Manager”.

If you mean using the AC-Log interface, YES!  It is a drop-down box.

Mike – KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.

The canyons are calling, colorful and deep.  But I have promises to keep.

And miles to go still in my Jeep...   And miles to go still in my Jeep...

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.

An EXIT is really an ENTRANCE to someplace new.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of AI3KS
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2020 16:18 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Awards Question

Ken,

On the LOTW manager there is an option to choose the station location prior to uploading.

Steve, AI3KS

Hi all,

--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD

AI3KS

Mike,

Yes, that is what I was referring to. Sorry if my response was confusing.

Steve, AI3KS

On 20/12/10 18:48, Mike Olbrisch wrote:

Define “LoTW Manager”.

If you mean using the AC-Log interface, YES!  It is a drop-down box.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of AI3KS
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2020 16:18 PM

Ken,

Steve, AI3KS

Hi all,

--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD

Mike Olbrisch

Do this:

Click à ELOGS à LoTW à 

Upper left corner.

LoTW user name

LoTW Login Password

LoTW Station Location.  It is a drop-down box!

Best of luck, stay safe and well sir.

Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2020 16:51 PM

Mike,

Yes, that is what I was referring to. Sorry if my response was confusing.

Steve, AI3KS

Mel Marcus

Ken

Just trying to learn. does 5BWAS care where you operated in the US?

Mel
NE9A

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Thu, December 10, 2020 5:17 pm

Ken,

Steve, AI3KS

Hi all,

--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD

Pat Whelton

Ken.  I could be mistaken but in the “old” days you had to work all the states on the 5 bands from “one” location.  In other words it wasn’t a cumulative thing as you vagabonded across the country from one QTH to another.

Maybe things have changed.  Dunno ….

Regards,

Pat – KZ5J

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mel Marcus
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2020 6:11 PM

Ken

Mel

NE9A

Ken,

Steve, AI3KS

Hi all,

--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD

Larry Banks

From the rules:

4)      Contacts must be made from same location, or from locations no two of which are more than 50 miles (80 kilometers) apart.  Submission of an application serves as affirmation of abidance to the distance rule.  Individuals may apply for and be granted multiple WAS awards, including WAS achieved from different, or multiple locations each of which are in different 50-mile circles (i.e. , from different QTHs or portable locations).

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2020 19:22

Ken.  I could be mistaken but in the “old” days you had to work all the states on the 5 bands from “one” location.  In other words it wasn’t a cumulative thing as you vagabonded across the country from one QTH to another.

Maybe things have changed.  Dunno ….

Regards,

Pat – KZ5J

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mel Marcus
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2020 6:11 PM

Ken

Mel

NE9A

Ken,

Steve, AI3KS

Hi all,

--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD