Topics

ARRL Sweepstakes Download

Tom Hauer K0YA

I removed the older version of ARRL SS Logging Program but when I click the link to download the new version of the November Sweepstakes Log nothing happens.  There is an arrow in the address bar that says the site automatically downloaded multiple files but I cannot find anything on my computer!!

When I hover over the line on the website it points to n3fjp.com,/programs/NOVSWP.exe.  That seems like it should be right.  But nothing happens when I click on it.

I rebooted my computer but that didn't change anything. I don't have anything else running on the computer.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Tom Hauer, K0YA
HLARC ARES EC
319 551-9788
PO Box 1522 (mailing ADR)
11700 E FM 1431 R37
Marble Falls, Tx 78654
EM00wn
Latitude:  30.568805
Longitude:  -98.140287

Tom Hauer K0YA

Sorry for the typo, it should be  n3fjp.com/programs/NOVSWP.exe

Tom Hauer, K0YA
HLARC ARES EC
319 551-9788
PO Box 1522 (mailing ADR)
11700 E FM 1431 R37
Marble Falls, Tx 78654
EM00wn
Latitude:  30.568805
Longitude:  -98.140287

On Fri, Nov 6, 2020 at 9:42 AM Tom Hauer K0YA via groups.io <rdrnrtom=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Scott Davis

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you ran into trouble.  There is only one installation file to download.  This is the download link:

http://n3fjp.com/programs/NOVSWP.exe

I just did a install on a fresh machine here and it installed fine.

If you continue to have trouble, please see this FAQ here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q72

[...]

Scott,

Thanks for the note.  I sure don't understand BUT when I copied the link directly into Chrome it downloaded and I was able to successfully install it.  If I attempted to download from your web page it would not!  There was no interference that I could find from my AntiVirus software (Norton).

Anyway, whatever is the issue with my computer and your web page I was successful when I directly plugged it into Chrome.

I am now updated and ready to play CW tomorrow!!

Thanks for everything you do for us.

Tom Hauer, K0YA
HLARC ARES EC
319 551-9788
PO Box 1522 (mailing ADR)
11700 E FM 1431 R37
Marble Falls, Tx 78654
EM00wn
Latitude:  30.568805
Longitude:  -98.140287

On Fri, Nov 6, 2020 at 2:36 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Fred K2DFC

When I download a program from Scott's page it's hidden behind the current window. Reduce it and the install window is there. Don't know it this fits your situation, but it works that way here.

Fred
K2DFC

Frank MacKenzie-Lamb

Very little SS activity this year

When I download a program from Scott's page it's hidden behind the current window. Reduce it and the install window is there. Don't know it this fits your situation, but it works that way here.

Fred
K2DFC

Scott Davis

Hi Fred,

Judging by the pre contest e-mail uproar, once the contest starts, I think you will be impressed with the amount of activity.

Enjoy, and good luck getting the sweep!

When I download a program from Scott's page it's hidden behind the current window. Reduce it and the install window is there. Don't know it this fits your situation, but it works that way here.

Fred
K2DFC

Fred K2DFC

That was Frank who said that. I know the contest hasn't started yet. HI HI

Fred
K2DFC

Bruce Vanselow N8BV

That might be because it doesn't start until 2100z
            73,  ......  Bruce  N8BV

On Sat, Nov 7, 2020 at 2:19 PM Frank MacKenzie-Lamb <maclamb@...> wrote:
Very  little SS  activity this year

When I download a program from Scott's page it's hidden behind the current window. Reduce it and the install window is there. Don't know it this fits your situation, but it works that way here.

Fred
K2DFC

Frank MacKenzie-Lamb

I have to keep someone laughing. GL in contest......can't beat the software