Topics

ARRL LOTW list Vs N3FJP list

Jim K9TF <jim.gmforum@...>

I was looking at my LOTW  DXCC AWARD totals on the their web page and found some of my CURRENT DXCC totals on various bands were different than what N3FJP log award totals were. So I started to look for what I was missing. I gave up looking. Why, because of what I found.

What I noticed was that some of the country names in the DXCC Entity column are different than  the list in AClog DXCC awards. Would be a lot easier to search and compare if they all matched and aligned  with the LOTW list.

ARRL LOTW does not make mistakes and you can be sure that these totals are spot on and trusted. Human error comes into play. I as a user make mistakes in my data entry, so I correct those errors in my log to align with LOTW I correct my mistakes and at times send in an update or contact DXCC desk depending what the issue is. In 50 years I only called them once to correct a mistaken credit that needed needed to be removed.  Usually I would type in a call wrong and resubmit to LOTW.

Jim Borowski K9TF

Sent from my Microsoft Surface

--
Jim K9TF

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Rather than changing the country names in AC Log on entry, you should always go with the defaults in Jim's AD1C country list that AC Log uses.  When the ADIF export occurs, the names are mapped to a DX entity number in accordance with ADIF spec, so DX entity matches occur regardless of country spelling.  If you change the country name from the AD1C list default, the proper entity number will not be mapped as part of the export.

More details on Jim's country list are here:

http://www.country-files.com/

[...]

Bert W0RSB

Does the AD1C country list account for entity name changes over time? Using today's mapping of call to entity will give you an incorrect name for old contacts.
--
Bert - W0RSB
Saint Paul, MN

Scott Davis

Hi Bert,

Thanks for your e-mail.  To update your country names in AC Log for name changes, please do the following:

-  Backup your log.
-  Click File > Export ADIF > Whole Log
-  Click File > Reset Counter and enter 0.
-  Click File > Import ADIF and select the file that you exported.