Topics

API Use

Buzz Kutcher. K3GWK

I haven't yet figured out what the API can do during a contest, BUT it sure makes appending a contest log to ACLog easier.  WOW!

Thanks Scott.

Buzz, K3GWK

Bill Grover

In the CQ WW DX SSB contest I used the API to
  • Do RIG control.  AC Log is configured to do my cat control so I set the rig control in the contest log to API and had full control.
  • Log lookup - what I would enter a call in addition to showing me the status in the contest it would also tell me if the country was confirmed in the log or an all time new one.
  • And as you did I transferred my contest log into my main log which I then uploaded to LoTW.

Bill, N3EYF

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] API Use
Date: Sun, October 25, 2020 8:26 pm
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

I haven't yet figured out what the API can do during a contest, BUT it sure makes appending a contest log to ACLog easier.  WOW!

Thanks Scott.

Buzz, K3GWK

Ken Gunther

Buzz,

I have written a program that acts as a CW memory keyer for my IC-7300. I use the API to get the call of the station I am trying to work from one of the N3FJP contest logging programs and embed it in my contest messages.

Ken WB2KWC

On 10/25/2020 20:26, Buzz Kutcher. K3GWK wrote:

Thanks Scott.

Buzz, K3GWK