An observation...

Wayne Dillon

Good morning Davis family. Scott, Kimberly, Christopher and Bradley.
I was working the SKCC WES this weekend and realised that I have been using your software since version 3 (ish). The thought suddenly struck me that with every upgrade new benefits/features have been added but more importantly I have never, I mean NEVER had an issue with any of the logging programs. That is an awesome track record. You are all doing a fabulous job and quite frankly the original purchase was worth every penny (cent?). You even took the time to work with me when, years ago, I was trying to get ACL to work with my IC735, (no mean feat that!). What does this mean in real terms? it means that I have absolutely NO reservations in recommending your software to my fellow Hams.
Keep on doing what you're doing, you are doing great.
Be blessed
Wayne - NQ0RP (KC0PMH as was).

--

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - NQ0RP

Fate whispered to courageous "You cannot withstand the storm"
Courageous  whispered back "I am the storm"

Scott Davis

Hi Wayne,

Thanks so much for your very, very kind and encouraging words.  You've filled our sails with a wonderful, fresh breeze this morning and Kimberly, Chris, Brad and I really appreciate it!

Thank you so much for your refreshing, motivating sentiments and spreading the word about our software!

[...]

Mike Olbrisch

Good morning Wayne.

Scotts programing is amazing.  It has been my experience that probably 98% of the problems found by users are self-induced or localized to that person or some configuration of that person’s computer.  PERSONALLY, back at AC-Log Ver 3.x, when Scott Announced the upgrade to 4.0, I uploaded it and when I tried to run it – NOTHING would happen.  The program would say it was in the task manager, but no program ever opened.

I tried everything I could think of, read the N3FJP help and FAQ, and nothing worked.  I told Scott I was giving up and resigned myself to running Ver 3.x until I upgraded from Windows-7.  Well, Scott sent me some little program to start in the background, and within minutes Scott  discovered that my Win-7 computer was missing a FONT!  When AC-Log tried to open, and the font requested was not found, it just stopped right there.

The fix for me was to download and install what should have been a common font already in the computer.  And IIRC, Scott wrote something into AC-Log (and all other programs) to cure the font sensitivity issues.  But without Scott’s direct intervention, I would have been stuck on Ver 3.x for a long time, until I upgraded to Win-10.

About that 98% of the problems being localized or owner-induced.

Scott is able to perform his keyboard magic only when he is left alone to work that magic.  This is why I say all the time, when there is a problem, the -FIRST- place to go it the HELP and FAQ section in the N3FJP web site.   Of course, there is always the chance that you miss what you are looking for, we’ve all done that.

The -NEXT- step is to come to the forum for help.  And this is where we all can chip in and help keep Scott on the keyboard writing and improving software.  If someone has a question, and you can supply an answer before Scott gets it, do it!  Now that Kimberly has jumped in and started fielding issues, that has helped Scott I am sure.  But we don’t want to burn out Kimberly either.  Scott is constantly improving the help sections too.

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/index.html

LAST – if you see something missing on the HELP section, and you know something about it, write it up and send it to Scott for inclusion in the HELP section.

Well, back to work in the car port.  I think today will be day-5 over 100° F.  It has been a cooler spring so far, normally we hit 100° F sometime in May.  But by this afternoon, I hope to put 400-watts of solar power on line for the Adventure Trailer.  Our next outing is in a month, Mt. Rushmore.  Not sure I’ll have HF installed by then, that is the lowest priority.  More 4X4s have GMRS radio than ham radio, so the GMRS is a higher priority.

BTW Wayne… your name made me sit up and check you on QRZ.  There is a Wayne Dillon on Phoenix AZ, he owns Dillion Precision.  As a former sniper and present competitive shooter, I love his equipment.  Wayne Dillion is a lot like Scott.  His stuff doesn’t break.  And if you do break it, a phone call or E-mail gets the parts shipped ASAP, and FREE.

You have a SUPER DAY !!!

Vy73  –  Mike  –  KD5KC –  El Paso – Texas  –  DM61.

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.   An EXIT is really an

ENTRANCE to someplace new.

[...]

Ray Dabkowski

I feel obligated to add my kudos. What incredible software and customer support. I'm still discovering features and more are coming all the time :)

And... I wanted to thank Scott for the FT8 QSO during the ARRL VHF contest on 6m. Quite a surprise! The band was wide open from Florida to Maryland.

Best 73,
Ray W8RD

Scott Davis

Thanks so much for your very kind words and the QSO Ray!