Topics

ADIF Unhandled Exception [was N3FJP & Lotw]

Scott Davis

Hi Charles,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you have run into trouble.  After you receive the error message, please click on the Details option, take a screen shot of the error message and then send the image along in an e-mail.  I will be happy to take a look.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Mar 23, 2019 4:37 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] N3FJP & Lotw

I get an unhandled exception when trying to import/export ADIF files.

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 3:16 PM Richard Smith <w0qgs.ks@...> wrote:
Thank you! Upgrading to the newer version did fix the issue! 

Richard, W0QGS

bill steffey NY9H

have ACL installed wortking fine , tried to install PA QSO party and got the attached screen.. ARG///

Scott Davis

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you ran into trouble.  Your Internet Protection Software / Windows Permission settings are blocking the PA QSO Party software from accessing the county2.txt file as mapped in the error message.  Correcting your permission settings will remedy that.

If you continue to have trouble, you can try deleting the file entirely (again, reference the path in the error message).  The file should restore when you restart the software.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Thu, Oct 8, 2020 9:43 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ADIF Unhandled Exception [was N3FJP & Lotw]

have  ACL installed  wortking fine ,  tried to install PA QSO party  and got the attached screen.. ARG///

bill steffey NY9H

bingo      avast  got it ,,,,,   all good now

stay safe

bill

On 10/9/2020 8:43 AM, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
Hi Bill,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you ran into trouble.  Your Internet Protection Software / Windows Permission settings are blocking the PA QSO Party software from accessing the county2.txt file as mapped in the error message.  Correcting your permission settings will remedy that.

If you continue to have trouble, you can try deleting the file entirely (again, reference the path in the error message).  The file should restore when you restart the software.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Thu, Oct 8, 2020 9:43 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ADIF Unhandled Exception [was N3FJP & Lotw]

have  ACL installed  wortking fine ,  tried to install PA QSO party  and got the attached screen.. ARG///

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com