Topics

Addding a feature

JoAnn Donaldson

Scott,

I notice that some Apps can send ADIF data via TCP/IP. What about adding the feature to you ACLog? That way these Apps can have access to ACLog. It doesn't have to be complicated. Just extract the date/Time, Call, Mode, and Band.

JoAnn Donaldson

Scott Davis

Hi JoAnn,

Thanks for your e-mail.  That is performed by the <ENTEREVENT> command as detailed here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/api.html

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io <n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Oct 9, 2020 8:20 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Addding a feature

Scott,

I notice that some Apps can send ADIF data via TCP/IP. What about adding the feature to you ACLog? That way these Apps can have access to ACLog. It doesn't have to be complicated. Just extract the date/Time, Call, Mode, and Band.

JoAnn Donaldson

JoAnn Donaldson

Scott,

This App doesn't use your API. What it does is send a single ADIF file via TCP/IP. The App doesn't have your API installed.

JoAnn - AB8YZInline image

On Saturday, October 10, 2020, 6:33:02 AM CDT, Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis@...> wrote:

Hi JoAnn,

Thanks for your e-mail.  That is performed by the <ENTEREVENT> command as detailed here:

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Scott,

JoAnn Donaldson

Jim Shorney

Have you tried the Python script written by W3DJS? It works nicely with the ADIF broadcast from WSJT-X.

https://github.com/dslotter/wsjtx_to_n3fjp/

It works so well that honestly I forget it is there...

-Jim
NNU0C

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 17:26:37 +0000 (UTC)
"JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io" <joannplano2005=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Scott,
   This App doesn't use your API. What it does is send a single ADIF file via TCP/IP. The App doesn't have your API installed.
JoAnn - AB8YZ

On Saturday, October 10, 2020, 6:33:02 AM CDT, Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi JoAnn,
Enjoy!

73, ScottN3FJPhttp://www.n3fjp.com

From: JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005=yahoo.com@groups.io>

Scott,

JoAnn Donaldson

JoAnn Donaldson

Scott,

I found this in your API

Receive Notification of user pressing enter and tabbing from the Call field

New in 0.8, N3FJP Software will automatically notify your app when the user has entered a contact or tabbed from the call field.

Data sent to your app on enter:

<CMD><ENTEREVENT><QSOCOUNT>765</QSOCOUNT><CALL>LA9A</CALL><BAND>10</BAND><MODE>CW</MODE><MODETEST>CW</MODETEST><COUNTRY>Norway</COUNTRY><DXCC>266</DXCC><CONT>EU</CONT><QSO_DATE>20160810</QSO_DATE><TIME_ON>144300</TIME_ON></CMD>

Data sent to your app when tabbing from the Call field:

<CMD><CALLTABEVENT><CALL>LA9A</CALL><BAND>10</BAND><MODE>CW</MODE><MODETEST>CW</MODETEST><COUNTRY>Norway</COUNTRY></CMD>

If you don't want to receive these notifications send:

<CMD><CALLTABENTEREVENTS><VALUE>FALSE</VALUE></CMD>

BUT how does it help when the App sends the ADIF file to the Server in ACLog? Guess I am confused what I am suppose to do. I have no control over the App that is sending.

JoAnn _ AB8YZ - EM12

On Saturday, October 10, 2020, 12:55:36 PM CDT, Jim Shorney <jshorney@...> wrote:

Have you tried the Python script written by W3DJS? It works nicely with the ADIF broadcast from WSJT-X.

-Jim
NNU0C

>  Scott,
>    This App doesn't use your API. What it does is send a single ADIF file via TCP/IP. The App doesn't have your API installed.
> JoAnn - AB8YZ
>
>
>    On Saturday, October 10, 2020, 6:33:02 AM CDT, Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
>  Hi JoAnn,
> Thanks for your e-mail.  That is performed by the <ENTEREVENT> command as detailed here:
> http://www.n3fjp.com/help/api.html
> Enjoy!
>
> 73, ScottN3FJPhttp://www.n3fjp.com
> Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.
> 1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005=yahoo.com@groups.io>
> To: n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io <n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io>
> Sent: Fri, Oct 9, 2020 8:20 pm
> Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Addding a feature
>
> Scott,
>    I notice that some Apps can send ADIF data via TCP/IP. What about adding the feature to you ACLog? That way these Apps can have access to ACLog. It doesn't have to be complicated. Just extract the date/Time, Call, Mode, and Band.
>
> JoAnn Donaldson
>
>
>
>
>
>

Scott Davis

Hi JoAnn,

Thanks for your follow up.  Please see this FAQ here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q115

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Oct 10, 2020 1:26 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Addding a feature

Scott,

JoAnn - AB8YZInline image

On Saturday, October 10, 2020, 6:33:02 AM CDT, Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis@...> wrote:

Hi JoAnn,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Scott,

JoAnn Donaldson

Scott Davis

Hi JoAnn,

Thanks for your follow up and clarification. I misread your original post, thinking you want my app to send the ADIF.  

Please see the FAQ I sent in my previous reply for more details.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Sat, Oct 10, 2020 2:49 pm

Scott,

I found this in your API

New in 0.8, N3FJP Software will automatically notify your app when the user has entered a contact or tabbed from the call field.
<CMD><ENTEREVENT><QSOCOUNT>765</QSOCOUNT><CALL>LA9A</CALL><BAND>10</BAND><MODE>CW</MODE><MODETEST>CW</MODETEST><COUNTRY>Norway</COUNTRY><DXCC>266</DXCC><CONT>EU</CONT><QSO_DATE>20160810</QSO_DATE><TIME_ON>144300</TIME_ON></CMD>
<CMD><CALLTABEVENT><CALL>LA9A</CALL><BAND>10</BAND><MODE>CW</MODE><MODETEST>CW</MODETEST><COUNTRY>Norway</COUNTRY></CMD>
BUT how does it help when the App sends the ADIF file to the Server in ACLog? Guess I am confused what I am suppose to do. I have no control over the App that is sending.

JoAnn _ AB8YZ - EM12

On Saturday, October 10, 2020, 12:55:36 PM CDT, Jim Shorney <jshorney@...> wrote:

-Jim
NNU0C

>  Scott,
>    This App doesn't use your API. What it does is send a single ADIF file via TCP/IP. The App doesn't have your API installed.
> JoAnn - AB8YZ
>
>
>    On Saturday, October 10, 2020, 6:33:02 AM CDT, Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
>  Hi JoAnn,
> Thanks for your e-mail.  That is performed by the <ENTEREVENT> command as detailed here:
> Enjoy!
>
> Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.
> 1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...
>
>
> Scott,
>    I notice that some Apps can send ADIF data via TCP/IP. What about adding the feature to you ACLog? That way these Apps can have access to ACLog. It doesn't have to be complicated. Just extract the date/Time, Call, Mode, and Band.
>
> JoAnn Donaldson
>
>
>
>
>
>

JoAnn Donaldson

Scott,
    I am NOT the programmer for this App, I am only reporting what it does. But it does send the logged contact via TCP/IP.  Is there not a way that ACLog could not read this transmission and use the data to log the contact?

JoAnn Donaldson - AB8YZ

On Saturday, October 10, 2020, 2:48:41 PM CDT, Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis@...> wrote:

Hi JoAnn,

Thanks for your follow up and clarification. I misread your original post, thinking you want my app to send the ADIF.  

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Scott,

I found this in your API

JoAnn _ AB8YZ - EM12

-Jim
NNU0C

>  Scott,
> JoAnn - AB8YZ
>
>
>
>  Hi JoAnn,
> Enjoy!
>
>
>
> Scott,
>
> JoAnn Donaldson
>
>
>
>
>
>

Scott Davis

Hi JoAnn,

Thanks for your follow up.  That's correct.  That may, eventually, be a future add, at least to AC Log, but it's not on the short list for these reasons here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q115

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Sat, Oct 10, 2020 7:43 pm

Scott,
    I am NOT the programmer for this App, I am only reporting what it does. But it does send the logged contact via TCP/IP.  Is there not a way that ACLog could not read this transmission and use the data to log the contact?

JoAnn Donaldson - AB8YZ

On Saturday, October 10, 2020, 2:48:41 PM CDT, Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis@...> wrote:

Hi JoAnn,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Scott,

I found this in your API

JoAnn _ AB8YZ - EM12

-Jim
NNU0C

>  Scott,
> JoAnn - AB8YZ
>
>
>
>  Hi JoAnn,
> Enjoy!
>
>
>
> Scott,
>
> JoAnn Donaldson
>
>
>
>
>
>

Jim Shorney

JoAnn, did you look at the W3DJS Python script? It is easy to set up and just plain works. To quote:

"wsjtx_to_n3fjp is a Python script which listens to the UDP output from WSJT-X to what would ordinarily go to the N1MM+ Logger broadcasts and parses and reformats that log data to the TCP input of N3FJP so that QSOs can be automatically logged for Linux users of digital amateur radio."

If you run Windows you will need to install a version of Python. If you have Linux you probably already have it.

I've been using it for several months without a single hiccup. It can log on the same computer, cross platform, or over a network.

-Jim
NU0C

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 23:43:27 +0000 (UTC)

Scott,    I am NOT the programmer for this App, I am only reporting what it does. But it does send the logged contact via TCP/IP.  Is there not a way that ACLog could not read this transmission and use the data to log the contact?
JoAnn Donaldson - AB8YZ