Topics

Adapting available specific contest logger for OTHER contests & fldigi

Bo W4GHV

We have a lot but not all of the contests covered, and I usually do trial/error to adjust what we have for the other contests.
Usually successful, using ADIF master and ADIFtoCabrillo programs.

Has anyone compiled a list of tips to do this? I keep failing to record my  results.

Second, adapting to fldigi is a nightmare. Despite a LOT of improvements, fldigi is still stubborn for these cases.
Using the ACL logger, I tried using the fldigi BARTG RTTY setting  and the Generic Contest setting.
It starts out briefly and sees ACL and kicks out, back to ACL and doesn't work.
I doubt W1HKJ has a solution, since his mods now work GREAT with the CORRECT logger programs. :)

Doing manual editing in today's BARTG 75 RTTY contest. Can't figure how to kick the Icom into 75 baud, but fldigi is fine.

--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54
https://www.qrz.com/db/W4GHV

Bo W4GHV

OUCH! I see this is an old and unanswered topic. :(     The only solution is N1MM some say. But I've tried it three times and it is still a nightmare for me.
fldigi in the FSK mode with my winkeyer and rig in RTTY mode is a dream to work with and I need a simple logger for BARTG and a few others.

--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54
https://www.qrz.com/db/W4GHV

Doc

GENLOG ??? de W8KQ

On 9/20/2020 3:10 PM, Bo W4GHV wrote:
OUCH! I see this is an old and unanswered topic. :(     The only solution is N1MM some say. But I've tried it three times and it is still a nightmare for me.
fldigi in the FSK mode with my winkeyer and rig in RTTY mode is a dream to work with and I need a simple logger for BARTG and a few others.

--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54
https://www.qrz.com/db/W4GHV

Scott Davis

Hi Bo,

Thanks for your e-mail.  All my software is contest specific.  More details are here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q73

OUCH! I see this is an old and unanswered topic. :(     The only solution is N1MM some say. But I've tried it three times and it is still a nightmare for me.
fldigi in the FSK mode with my winkeyer and rig in RTTY mode is a dream to work with and I need a simple logger for BARTG and a few others.

--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54
https://www.qrz.com/db/W4GHV

JoAnn Donaldson

There is N7YG's RTTY Digital Engine and PSKExpress. Both have the N3FJP API Interface.

JoAnn - AB8YZ

On Sunday, September 20, 2020, 2:16:59 PM CDT, Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis@...> wrote:

Hi Bo,

Thanks for your e-mail.  All my software is contest specific.  More details are here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q73

OUCH! I see this is an old and unanswered topic. :(     The only solution is N1MM some say. But I've tried it three times and it is still a nightmare for me.
fldigi in the FSK mode with my winkeyer and rig in RTTY mode is a dream to work with and I need a simple logger for BARTG and a few others.

--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54
https://www.qrz.com/db/W4GHV

Bo W4GHV

Thanks for input. I'll check it out.
BUT I FOUND A SOLUTION!
I got the writelog program and it was easy enough for me to figure out and I did fine. Some fine tuning and user guide writeup to do, but it may be a winner.
Sorry Scott, I'll never give up on you! :)
--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54
https://www.qrz.com/db/W4GHV