ACLog - WDJT-X Request #wsjtx

N8OFP.DL@...

Scott,
I installed the Beta version a few days ago and like the quickness of the direct connection between ACLog and WSJT-X. There are a couple features I would like to ask that you add to your "wish list"..

1) With JTAlert when WSJT-X would decode JTAlert would look at the calls and band and highlight stations that you have already worked. Helps keep you from working a station multiple times during a contest etc.

2) For those of us who have older rigs with only one Rig Control input it would be great if ACLog could feed the band information to WSJT-X, I have ACLog Rig Control reading and sending commands to my Icom IC706MKIIG. Since this radio is only able to talk to one application I have to manually chance WSJT-X to the correct band. It would be nice if ACLog would pass the band to WSJT-X and vise-versa.

Thank you and keep up the great work!!
Del  N8OFP

Scott Davis

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions Del.  Chris and I have some thoughts on that.  It may be a bit, but we have some ideas brewing.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sat, Apr 24, 2021 7:19 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACLog - WDJT-X Request #wsjtx

Scott,
I installed the Beta version a few days ago and like the quickness of the direct connection between ACLog and WSJT-X. There are a couple features I would like to ask that you add to your "wish list"..

1) With JTAlert when WSJT-X would decode JTAlert would look at the calls and band and highlight stations that you have already worked. Helps keep you from working a station multiple times during a contest etc.

2) For those of us who have older rigs with only one Rig Control input it would be great if ACLog could feed the band information to WSJT-X, I have ACLog Rig Control reading and sending commands to my Icom IC706MKIIG. Since this radio is only able to talk to one application I have to manually chance WSJT-X to the correct band. It would be nice if ACLog would pass the band to WSJT-X and vise-versa.

Thank you and keep up the great work!!
Del  N8OFP