From: Bill Gregory <k2ekm@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Mar 22, 2021 10:26 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACLog repositioning question

Hi
Have a question about repositioning an individual record in AClog. I know that you can sort on date/time to reposition all records in AClog, but is it possible to move an individual record to another place within the current log?
Reason I'm asking: Had imported an adi file from the VAQP in-state log to AClog.  I subsequently found that one of the entries had an invalid callsign, so I deleted the entry. I then found the correct callsign and created a manual record with the proper date/time of the qso.  I wish to insert this record into it's proper place within the records for the VAQP.  During the contest I made other qso's outside the contest, within the date span of the contest, which appear before the VAQP contest entries. I only want to resequence entries from the inserted entry and above.
Hope this all makes sense.  If it is not possible, no big deal as all the qso data is correct.
Thanks - I do enjoy the software. Makes life a lot easier!
Bill Gregory K2EKM

Bill Gregory

Hi Kimberly,
Thanks for your reply.  I was wondering if the AClog might allow you to "move" a record to another place, then re-number the records above it.
I could do something similar with a date sort, as you mentioned, but the sort would reposition all records by date, whereas I was trying to only re-position records above the one I moved (sort of like copy/insert copied record in Excel). That is probably way too difficult to program, and I don't have an important need for that capability.
I do enjoy all your & Scott's & your son's software.
Thanks again.
Bill Gregory K2EKM