ACLog question

Dan Morris

I currently have several ‘OTHER’ data fields set up and one of them I want to change to another name. The field is named ‘EPC’. I’m wanting to change it to ‘FISTS’ — What happens to the data that is currently in the EPC field? will it go away when I change the name or do I have to do a bulk edit of that field to delete the data currently there.

Thanks for any info. I hope I explained this correctly!!

Dan Morris KZ3T
dbmorris315@gmail.com

I live to live for Him!

Mitch NW0M

No, renaming an Other field will NOT delete the current data.  You could select an unused Other field for FISTS to start 'new.'

73, MItch

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 10:01 AM, Dan Morris wrote:
I currently have several ‘OTHER’ data fields set up and one of them I want to change to another name. The field is named ‘EPC’. I’m wanting to change it to ‘FISTS’ — What happens to the data that is currently in the EPC field? will it go away when I change the name or do I have to do a bulk edit of that field to delete the data currently there.

Thanks for any info. I hope I explained this correctly!!

Dan Morris KZ3T
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

Mike Olbrisch

Ummmmmm….. isn’t there already a column available for FISTS in AC-Log?  You just need to enable it and place it where you want it for data entry.  Of course I could be wrong, I’ve slept a few times since looking…… and I didn’t sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.  But I’m about 99.66% certain there is a FISTS available.  Scroll across and see if you spot it.  If you don’t see it, I’ll stop working on the JEEP and go have a look inside.  Sadly, AC-Log doesn’t work on an Android phone.

Vy73  –  Mike  –  KD5KC –  El Paso – Texas  –  DM61.

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.   An EXIT is really an

ENTRANCE to someplace new.

No, renaming an Other field will NOT delete the current data.  You could select an unused Other field for FISTS to start 'new.'

73, MItch

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 10:01 AM, Dan Morris wrote:

I currently have several ‘OTHER’ data fields set up and one of them I want to change to another name. The field is named ‘EPC’. I’m wanting to change it to ‘FISTS’ — What happens to the data that is currently in the EPC field? will it go away when I change the name or do I have to do a bulk edit of that field to delete the data currently there.

Thanks for any info. I hope I explained this correctly!!

Dan Morris KZ3T
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

Joseph Miller

Dan, Mitch and Mike,

Yes there is! I just looked. I would recommend positioning it on your data entry  box. Otherwise, you would have to log the entry, open it to edit, click on "more", then flook for "Fists".

I have been following this method since getting active with Parlk on the Air and it works great.

73 de Joe KJ8O