Topics

ACLog - Net and Round Table Manager

Michael WA7SKG

Is it possible to edit this form? I know in the main entry form you can change what blocks you have, the tab order, etc. Is it possible to do this with the Net form?

For our local nets, I'd just like to have CALL, NAME, QTH, and COMMENTS.

Thanks.

Michael WA7SKG

"Any day you do not learn one new thing is a wasted day."

Michael WA7SKG

Still looking for ideas on this.

Michael WA7SKG

Michael WA7SKG wrote on 11/27/20 3:18 PM:

Is it possible to edit this form? I know in the main entry form you can change what blocks you have, the tab order, etc. Is it possible to do this with the Net form?
For our local nets, I'd just like to have CALL, NAME, QTH, and COMMENTS.
Thanks.

AI3KS

Mike,

I just now played with it and looked in the help and FAQ pages and I can't see a way to edit this particular form.

Steve, AI3KS

On 20/11/29 14:42, Michael WA7SKG wrote:
Still looking for ideas on this.

Michael WA7SKG

Michael WA7SKG wrote on 11/27/20 3:18 PM:
Is it possible to edit this form? I know in the main entry form you can change what blocks you have, the tab order, etc. Is it possible to do this with the Net form?

For our local nets, I'd just like to have CALL, NAME, QTH, and COMMENTS.

Thanks.

Scott Davis

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Sorry, no, the net form isn't user customizable.  I'm sorry that I didn't have the answer that you were hoping for.

Is it possible to edit this form? I know in the main entry form you can
change what blocks you have, the tab order, etc. Is it possible to do
this with the Net form?

For our local nets, I'd just like to have CALL, NAME, QTH, and COMMENTS.

Thanks.

Michael WA7SKG

"Any day you do not learn one new thing is a wasted day."

W5DET

A long time ago, I warned Scott against creeping featurism which he chose to ignore.  I guess that's because Scott is a much nicer person than I.

If you want a Custom Net Log in which you can order, edit, and include any fields you want, I suggest using a spreadsheet program, e.g., M$Excel or Open/Libre Office Calc,
Then, if you want to import your spreadsheet into ACLog, these instructions provide a step by step procedure for converting your spreadsheet to ADIF format.

TWO caveats:
  1. If you DO want to import your net log into ACLog, you must use FIELD NAMES identical to ACLog.
  2. The procedure is one way.  It doesn't provide for extracting prior sessions back to your spreadsheet.  (That's what File|Save is for.)   I don't believe ACLog will do that either but I've only  used the Net log feature one time to try it shortly after it was first introduced.

If you need individual assistance, please contact me OFF LIST.  Use the subject "Spreadsheet Net Log".

73,  Doug  W5DET(at)arrl(dot)net