Topics

ACLog Field Fill for Names

N7GHG

New to ACL.  I am currently in the process of adding my old .adi files to ACLog.
One of the nice features of ACL is auto lookup of names and filling that into the Name field.
Is there a way to get these old non-ACL contacts to include the names?  All are .adi's and are in the log.  All other information was populated properly.
I'm sure if I get into other areas like specific contesting I might like to see other areas populated as well for areas like WAS, WAC, Grid Squares, etc.

Thanks for any help.
Bill

Scott Davis

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Yes, with a callbook lookup option enabled, click Edit > Fill Fields Determined by Call.

Thanks for your kind words on the software!

New to ACL.  I am currently in the process of adding my old .adi files to ACLog.
One of the nice features of ACL is auto lookup of names and filling that into the Name field.
Is there a way to get these old non-ACL contacts to include the names?  All are .adi's and are in the log.  All other information was populated properly.
I'm sure if I get into other areas like specific contesting I might like to see other areas populated as well for areas like WAS, WAC, Grid Squares, etc.

Thanks for any help.
Bill

W5DET

If some of the contacts you are bringing into ACLog are very old, the callsigns may have changed hands.  ACLog will be populated with the current owner from the online databases which may not be the same as the person you QSO'ed.

N7GHG

Sorry I didn't mention it.. but.. none are more than a couple of months old.. I started logging in August.. but, I was logging with HamLog73 which ended with a .adi file for submission.  I've emailed them to myself so I could move them from an Apple device to a Windows PC.