Topics

ACLog Application Resizing in Windows

Malcolm

I'm running a typical FT8 configuration with ACLog, WSJT-X and JTAlerts all on one screen for now.  When I resize the ACLog window smaller,  things get scrunched up and screwy, and then when I resize it back to full-screen, everything stays scrunched up in the upper left-hand corner.  The only way I can get around this is to close the application and then re-start it.  Is there some way to get the ACLog GUI's re-sizing behavior to behave like most other Windows GUI's?

Cheers,
Malcolm

Larry Banks

Hi Malcolm,

Try SETTINGS >> APPEARANCE >> FORM SIZE.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2021 19:10
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACLog Application Resizing in Windows

I'm running a typical FT8 configuration with ACLog, WSJT-X and JTAlerts all on one screen for now.  When I resize the ACLog window smaller,  things get scrunched up and screwy, and then when I resize it back to full-screen, everything stays scrunched up in the upper left-hand corner.  The only way I can get around this is to close the application and then re-start it.  Is there some way to get the ACLog GUI's re-sizing behavior to behave like most other Windows GUI's?

Cheers,
Malcolm

Scott Davis

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for your e-mail. From the menu options, click Settings > Appearance > Form Size and enter a smaller number. From there you should be able to tweak the dimensions by dragging the edges with your mouse.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Thu, Feb 11, 2021 7:10 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACLog Application Resizing in Windows

Cheers,
Malcolm

Malcolm

Yes, this works well!  Any plans to make the make the form size automatically dynamic?  I'm not a software engineer, so I'm not sure what this would involve.  Of course, have two or three more screens would be a more elegant solution.

Richard Ingels

I vote for this as well. It's the only thing about ACL that is giving me fits and detracts from it's use. I have 3 different monitors with 3 different resolutions and it's a pain to keep messing with the form size and trying to keep things from looking out of whack.  The LOTW page especially get completely weird at times. 

thanks!
Rick-- N5RRJ