From: Scott
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 16:50
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACLog and Rig Control

I've been using ACLog exclusively for my POTA/SOTA outings and the customizing for ACLog is outstanding. I've noticed, for example, if I am not using ACLog as the primary source for rig control - for example I am using WSJT-x for FT4/FT8, rig control belongs to WSJT-X. I have JTAlert also installed so when I log a QSO, it's going to ACLog, which is great. However, if I exit both ACLog and WSJT-X and want ACLog to be the primary for rig control, it does not see my IC 705 unless I power cycle the radio first. Is this something that is a bug or just a very minor inconvenience (for me because I forget to simply power cycle the radio)?

Thanks,
Scott KN3A

Scott

Hi Larry,

I have tried going in there, and also trying to poll, and it doesn't see the radio until I shut the radio off and back on, then it's fine. It's minor but curious if anyone else experiences this or not.

Scott

Jamie GOLLY

Hi Scott, I have WSJT-X, JT Alert, Grid Tracker and either AC Log or another N3FJP contest log and all programs follow the radio simultaneously. I can do Digital or SSB without any other changes other than using memory channels to get me on SSB frequencies. I am using a Yaesu FT 991A

Here is my setup to make all this happen. Maybe you can configure your setup in a similar fashion.

Jamie
K6NGN

On Jan 27, 2021, at 4:44 PM, Scott <scolit@...> wrote:

Hi Larry,

I have tried going in there, and also trying to poll, and it doesn't see the radio until I shut the radio off and back on, then it's fine. It's minor but curious if anyone else experiences this or not.

Scott

Scott

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the PDF. I actually use VSPE for most of my applications. My virtual COM Port is 18. I'm using ICOM radios, perhaps there is a difference there. But I use VSPE and simultaneously can use DXLabs Commander, WSJT-X (controlled by DXLabs), N1MM+, etc. However, ACLog has to be in control and does not play with the others. I'm hoping Scott N3FJP will chime in, because I know he's mentioned it before. Again, not a big deal with ACLog, it is just something I noticed that I have to actually turn my radio off and back on in order for ACLog to take over rig control.

Scott

Scott Davis

Hi Scott,

You are way out of my area of expertise, so I have nothing useful to add to this thread, except to say that if you configure your other devices in such a way as to preclude AC Log from accessing a com port for rig interface, it will return a com port error.  In that case, you simply go to the rig interface form and reenable polling once the device is again available.  I've not ever had to actually cycle any of my rigs for that circumstance here, or heard of anyone else needing to.

If you have any additional questions, I have lots of support for you on:

- Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page:  http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html  (the vast majority of commonly asked questions are answered right here).

- Our website help section:  http://www.n3fjp.com/help/index.html

- Our YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkxw9QX84F4tFyX8JavCOD3XVUS5Dsznw

And if you still have questions after reviewing all the resources above, please feel free to search the topics and / or e-mail us on our users support e-mail group:  https://groups.io/g/N3FJPSoftwareUsers