Topics

ACLog and Logging K1USN SST QSOs

Patrick Hung

Hello,

A beginner in CW, I'm planning to practice with CWOps K1USN SST - its webpage suggests N1MM+ for a logger, but I wonder if ACLog will do the trick? The required exchange cannot be simpler: Name, QTH (state/province).

Thx.

Patrick, W6AJR

nb7o

Hi Patrick,

Look for and use Scott's CWOPS CWT contest logger for the K1USN SST.  It is the same report, same scoring, same everything; except that you will not create the cabrillo to report your results.  Just look in the scoring box for your scores, log onto https://www.3830scores.com/ and enter your scores.

the CWOPS CWT contest is found at  http://www.n3fjp.com/cwopscwt.html - - under contest logs menu item then "other".  I just finished the SST.  My CW speed is slow.  But I use an actual paddle and not a keyer and computer to read the CW.  Hope to work you someday.

seven three de Kevin/NB7O

Patrick Hung

Thanks, Kevin,

I downloaded the CWOPS CWT software, and am ready to give it a whirl tomorrow afternoon.

I've only had 10 classes on CW (CW Academy), so am most likely slower than you are. I'll be calling at 7.033, and you're more than welcomed to look for me there.

Patrick, W6AJR

nb7o

Well I am in the same group.  Just a different instructor.  I worked the (not so) slow speed test on 02-05 and 02-12.  On the 5th I got 6 contacts.  On the 12th I only got one.  I am not sure that 40 will be a good frequency at that time of day.  Most ops are on 40.  I will contact you off list.

seven three de Kevin/NB7O

kb3co

Kevin,
No, the scoring is not the same. It is different for 2021. See the K1USN website.

Charlie
KB3CO

nb7o

Yes that is correct and I probably should have given that caveat.  However the score is manually submitted through the web form and is easily recalculated.  Also since no one looks at the score, no awards are given, and this is set up to help new CW operators get on the air does it matter if the points claimed are off by one or two?