ACLog 6.8.7 Beta - Bulk Edit Feature

Scott Davis

Hi Gang,

I've been hesitant to add a bulk edit function in AC Log, as it is a super quick way for folks to really mess their logs up, but I get requests often enough from those that would like to make relatively safe changes, like the value in the Operator field from their name to their call sign, that I have gone ahead.  This bulk edit implementation is very basic and I would still recommend using something like ADIF Master for involved edits, but this appears to be working fine for a simple Find and Replace.

I would sure appreciate some testing!  If you are willing, with a backup log, please click Edit > Bulk Edit, go ahead and try some bulk edits and then please let me know how you make out.

Note that I am not planning to add any wild cards, etc., at this time, but will revisit that depending on how this works out as is.

You can install 6.8.7 from this link here (no need to uninstall your previous version):

http://www.n3fjp.com/programs/ACLBETA.exe

I think that AC Log 6.8.7 is very close to the next official release, so this may be your last chance for testing / input for the the sum of all the changes 6.8.7 represents.

Thanks in advance for your testing!  I am eager to hear how you make out!

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Kevin Gray

Scott

Bulk edit works good, as long as all the records you wish to edit are in a sequentially numbered block.

If I sort my log by a particular column, and then select a group of records, is there a way to do a bulk edit on the selected record ?

When I click Edit > Bulk Edit, the form that appears, only allows to select from a specific record  # to record #

The entries I edited worked without problem, and as you advise, Use extreme Caution  - and Backup log

Kevin

N9VPV

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Davis via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 3:15 PM
To: n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACLog 6.8.7 Beta - Bulk Edit Feature

Hi Gang,

I've been hesitant to add a bulk edit function in AC Log, as it is a super quick way for folks to really mess their logs up, but I get requests often enough from those that would like to make relatively safe changes, like the value in the Operator field from their name to their call sign, that I have gone ahead.  This bulk edit implementation is very basic and I would still recommend using something like ADIF Master for involved edits, but this appears to be working fine for a simple Find and Replace.

I would sure appreciate some testing!  If you are willing, with a backup log, please click Edit > Bulk Edit, go ahead and try some bulk edits and then please let me know how you make out.

Note that I am not planning to add any wild cards, etc., at this time, but will revisit that depending on how this works out as is.

You can install 6.8.7 from this link here (no need to uninstall your previous version):

I think that AC Log 6.8.7 is very close to the next official release, so this may be your last chance for testing / input for the the sum of all the changes 6.8.7 represents.

Enjoy!

73, Scott

N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Scott Davis

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the good report.  It will take a good bit of additional coding, so it is not on the short list, but I will give a multi select feature some thought for the future.

Thanks again!

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Tue, Mar 23, 2021 10:01 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACLog 6.8.7 Beta - Bulk Edit Feature

Scott
Bulk edit works good, as long as all the records you wish to edit are in a sequentially numbered block.

If I sort my log by a particular column, and then select a group of records, is there a way to do a bulk edit on the selected record ?

When I click Edit > Bulk Edit, the form that appears, only allows to select from a specific record  # to record #

The entries I edited worked without problem, and as you advise, Use extreme Caution  - and Backup log

Kevin
N9VPV

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Davis via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 3:15 PM
To: n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACLog 6.8.7 Beta - Bulk Edit Feature

Hi Gang,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP