Topics

ACLog 4.x in Crossover/wine... how I did it.

william hyatt

This started with my switch to a Mac platform the year before last, the only application that kept me running a windows VM was ACLog.

I got inspired today to try and make it work on MacOSX with Crossover and I succeeded.

Here is how:

Install crossover and register.

Install the following runtimes:

.NET Framework 2.0

.NET Framework 4.0

.NET Framework 4 extended

Microsoft Data Access Components 2.8

Microsoft Jet 4.0

Microsoft Media player 10 (download from microsoft and install)

Visual basic 6 service pack 4 runtime

visual basic 6 service pack 6 runtime

Mono

Install IE 7

Install ACLog.

It will not run from the shortcut created, but that's ok, we'll build a new one.

With crossover open, click Programs, then Run command.

Browse in the "c" drive to the ACLog executable, and before clicking run, click "Save command to programs menu" then click run.

ACLog should start.

I may have missed a step but if you have any questions I can help answer.

Mitch Johnson

I know I'm about seven years late on this but I recently purchased AClog and installed it on a Vfusion VM, while it appears to work pretty good (didn't test the console access to my rig) it's definitely a noticeable hog on my system. 

I just purchased Crossover so I can move away from Fusion, I use Fusion at work a lot so it's not fully away.

I just tried to install ACLog and it seemed to install fine but clicking on the icon doesn't do much.  I saw that you installed all the Microsoft frameworks, etc.  Is that still the case almost 7 years later?  You have three different versions of Framework, are they all necessary?  I'm definitely hoping for a not so painful experience.

Thanks

Mitch/KN4ONH

Scott Davis

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for your e-mail.  My software requires the .Net 4.0 Client Framework (or later).  I don't know the first thing about Linux or its frameworks myself, but you will find lots of good tips here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q59

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Fri, Feb 5, 2021 1:33 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACLog 4.x in Crossover/wine... how I did it.

I know I'm about seven years late on this but I recently purchased AClog and installed it on a Vfusion VM, while it appears to work pretty good (didn't test the console access to my rig) it's definitely a noticeable hog on my system. 

I just purchased Crossover so I can move away from Fusion, I use Fusion at work a lot so it's not fully away.

I just tried to install ACLog and it seemed to install fine but clicking on the icon doesn't do much.  I saw that you installed all the Microsoft frameworks, etc.  Is that still the case almost 7 years later?  You have three different versions of Framework, are they all necessary?  I'm definitely hoping for a not so painful experience.

Thanks

Mitch/KN4ONH

Mitch Johnson

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 02:25 PM, Scott Davis wrote:
http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q59

I'm running this on a Mac, but I'm sure it's essentially the same.

I installed the .Net client framework but not int he same 'bottle' in CrossOver.  Not sure if that matters but it definitely doesn't work.  Do you have any other development platforms that have to be installed on a Windows-based machine?  The original poster posted his message back in 2014, not sure what version Windows but it probably wasn't either 7 or 10.  And I'm sure the platforms have changed significantly since then.  He had a pretty long list of programs he installed.

I'll keep pecking away at this over the next few days.I've still got it on my Fusion VM so it's not a problem right now,

thanks,

Mitch