Topics

ACLog 2.5 Beta Available & Testers Needed!

Scott Davis

Hi All,

A beta version of Amateur Contact Log 2.5 is now available! You won't find it on my website, but you can download it directly by clicking this link:

http://n3fjp.ky1v.com/ACLOG25.exe

Please download the program, give it a try and let me know how it works out. The additional features that I really want you to try include:

Internet Features:

- Upload and download data directly from the ARRL's Logbook of the World. (You must have version 1.10 of the ARRL's Tqsl software installed and the necessary passwords to use this feature)

- eQSL upload

- HamCall Internet Lookup (A subscription to Buckmaster's website is required)

Database Features:

- Update records that have already been logged based on the callsign and callbook lookup

- CQ Zones & ITU Zones auto fill where entries are discrete

- Multiselect records for marking Sent / Received

- Tracking of "Confirmed By" fields for QSO confirmation

- Award screen 4 digit grid worked box in addition to 6 digit worked box

DX Spotting:

- Automatic post of DX spots on entry

- Audio alert of DX posts and needed DX (Featuring the lovely KA3SEQ of course)

While in "Beta" status, please don't uninstall version 2.4. Also, please run through the features that were available in the previous versions just to make sure that everything is okay.

I'm really looking forward to your observations, comments and suggestions. Thanks in advance for your help!

http://www.n3fjp.com/

http://www.n3fjp.com/

Serving the Amateur Radio Community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

Tucker W8EMX

When Running the Worked-all calculations, the only fields that are
populated with actual data are the Grid and Grid(6) fields. All others
show a count to the right of the label, but have no actual data.
Here is the actual Data That I have:

ITU Zn 63,
Lighthouse 46,
Prefix 46,
TenTen 46,
Continent 46,
CQ Zone 58,
IOTA 55,
Other 2 46,
Grid 77,
Grid(6) 54,
IARU Zn 46,
Other 3 46,
Other 4 46

And this is with data that does NOT have any Lighthouse, Tenten, IOTA,
or any of the OTHER fields filled in.

73's and great work!

Tucker Sizemore
W8EMX
Huntersville, NC

Dave Rozzana <dave@...>

Scott,

Looking at the CQ zones, zone 8 sorts as a different zone than zone 08, etc.
There are only 40 CQ zones. I show having confirmed 46 of them.

Dave Rozzana, N6PZ
n6pz@arrl.net

A beta version of Amateur Contact Log 2.5 is now available! You won't
find it on my website, but you can download it directly by clicking this
link:

Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH) Watson <w5uc@...>

I mover my 2.4 file over into 2.5, and it does not indicate any Zones.  What did I do wrong?

At 02:04 PM 11/10/2003 -0800, you wrote:
Scott,

Looking at the CQ zones, zone 8 sorts as a different zone than zone 08, etc.
There are only 40 CQ zones. I show having confirmed 46 of them.

Age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
Outbound mail checked by Norton Anti-Virus 2003