From: Dave via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2020 10:48 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACL question

Hello all,

Somehow I have many, many entries that have 'DIG' for the mode that I

did not put in. When I look at one of these entries there is also a

correct entry with 'FT8' as the mode.

Any idea how this happened? Can all these calls be removed?

I hope Winter Field Day is going well for everyone.

73, Dave KC3AM

Dave

Dale,

Thanks for your reply. I am wondering if this happened when I did download from LOTW possibly. There are about 70 entries like this and I do not remember entering DIG manually. I have only been doing FT8 since November so luckily I don't have too many contacts yet that are wrong.

Dave KC3AM

On 01/25/2020 23:40, K8TS wrote:

Dave;

You can do a sort by mode and then just delete all the digi.  I ran into that problem also, but am just doing a hundred of so at a time.  Don’t want to take the chance of one that got logged wrong and that is the only confirmation I have.  I did make sure that none of my FT8 qsos were uploaded before LoTW recognized them.  Maybe Scott knows how that “burp” got in there, but I’m not going to cry about it.  The programs just work too well.

Dale K8TS

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
73, Dave KC3AM

Dave

Dale, I have not found out how to do a sort by mode. I see a sort by date  and do not see that this can be changed.

Dave KC3AM

On 01/25/2020 23:40, K8TS wrote:

[...]

Scott Davis

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you have run into trouble.  If you are running rig interface, click Settings > Rig Interface and ensure your settings are correct, as detailed here.

If not, be sure you have the correct band and mode selected.

If you have to do a bulk edit, this FAQ will help:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q63

Somehow I have many, many entries that have 'DIG' for the mode that I
did not put in. When I look at one of these entries there is also a
correct entry with 'FT8' as the mode.

Any idea how this happened? Can all these calls be removed?

I hope Winter Field Day is going well for everyone.

73, Dave KC3AM

Scott Davis

Hi Dave,

Sorry, in my bleary eyed state, I thought your question was in reference Winter Field Day, which has been overflowing.

In the case of AC Log, AC Log will always default to the previous QSO's value if you do not have rig interface enabled, so that is likely where you went off course.

Somehow I have many, many entries that have 'DIG' for the mode that I
did not put in. When I look at one of these entries there is also a
correct entry with 'FT8' as the mode.

Any idea how this happened? Can all these calls be removed?

I hope Winter Field Day is going well for everyone.

73, Dave KC3AM

Jim Shorney

Click on the column title bar.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On 01/25/2020 23:40, K8TS wrote:

Dave;

You can do a sort by mode and then just delete all the digi.  I ran
into that problem also, but am just doing a hundred of so at a time.
Don’t want to take the chance of one that got logged wrong and that is
the only confirmation I have.  I did make sure that none of my FT8
qsos were uploaded before LoTW recognized them.  Maybe Scott knows how
that “burp” got in there, but I’m not going to cry about it.  The
programs just work too well.

Dale K8TS

Windows 10