Topics

ACL not opening

Bernard Terry

Until today my ACL has worked well but this morning I tried to start the program and it will not start from the desktop shortcut or in Windows menu. I am at a loss as to how to fire it up, can anyone offer a suggestion? I am going to reboot the pc shortly to see if that fixes it, I am concerned that if I do a reinstall I will lose my logs that have not been backed up for a while.

Scott Davis

Hi Bernard,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you have run into trouble.  What specifically is the error message that you are receiving when you try to start AC Log?  Which version are you running?

Your log files are independent of the installation (and AC Log makes backups automatically too), so unless your hard drive is failing, your log is likely fine.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Tue, Oct 27, 2020 6:46 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACL not opening

Until today my ACL has worked well but this morning I tried to start the program and it will not start from the desktop shortcut or in Windows menu. I am at a loss as to how to fire it up, can anyone offer a suggestion? I am going to reboot the pc shortly to see if that fixes it, I am concerned that if I do a reinstall I will lose my logs that have not been backed up for a while.

Bernard Terry

No Error message at all, it just won't open when I try the icon.
I have tried Admin repair as well.

Bernard Terry

Version 5.0.3

Dave

Right click the icon then properties and see what the path is to get to ACL.
Go there and see if the program is actually there or possibly the path is wrong somehow.

Dave KC3AM

On 10/27/2020 19:57, Bernard Terry wrote:
No Error message at all, it just won't open when I try the icon.
I have tried Admin repair as well.

--
Hams should be seen as well as heard, 73, Dave KC3AM

Scott Davis

Hi Bernard,

You are running an older version.  Please go ahead and upgrade as detailed here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/upgradestepsaclog.html

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Tue, Oct 27, 2020 8:01 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACL not opening

Version 5.0.3