Topics

ACL Error Executing Shell Function

Randy Goff

Hi,

Re: Amateur Contact Log 6.7 and 6.8 -- I'm hoping someone can help me eliminate the "Error Executing Shell Function  The system cannot find the file specified" message every time I log a contact.  This happens when I run ACL by itself or in conjunction with WSJT-X. I'm running Windows 10 on a new laptop.  I've uninstalled ACL and installed it again but still receive the error message.

I've tried running the app as the administrator, shared files and folders, and re-installed ACL.  All "Show File Locations" boxes are filled in and appear to work okay.  I've tried reading through much of the support group email but have yet to find a solution.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks and 73,
Randy  KD8G

Scott Davis

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Making sure you have ARRL's TQSL software correct installed and then clicking the From Registry button as detailed in Step 4 here will do the trick:

http://www.n3fjp.com/lotwhelp.html

If you have any additional questions, I have lots of support for you on:

- Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page:  http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html  (the vast majority of commonly asked questions are answered right here).

- Our website help section:  http://www.n3fjp.com/help/index.html

- Our YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkxw9QX84F4tFyX8JavCOD3XVUS5Dsznw

And if you still have questions after reviewing all the resources above, please feel free to search the topics and / or e-mail us on our users support e-mail group:  https://groups.io/g/N3FJPSoftwareUsers

Re: Amateur Contact Log 6.7 and 6.8 -- I'm hoping someone can help me eliminate the "Error Executing Shell Function  The system cannot find the file specified" message every time I log a contact.  This happens when I run ACL by itself or in conjunction with WSJT-X. I'm running Windows 10 on a new laptop.  I've uninstalled ACL and installed it again but still receive the error message.

I've tried running the app as the administrator, shared files and folders, and re-installed ACL.  All "Show File Locations" boxes are filled in and appear to work okay.  I've tried reading through much of the support group email but have yet to find a solution.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks and 73,
Randy  KD8G

Randy Goff

Scott,

As usual, You Da Man!  I didn't have TQSL installed on my new computer.  I just wanted an electronic log and didn't care about TQSL.  But ACL cares!  hihi  Now I know; now I'm set; and now I'm ready!  Thanks for your extreme patience.

73 es CUL,
Randy  KD8G
N3FJP Package Owner since 2006