ACL 6.9 Form Size Bug?

Bob Felton

Form size is set to 80.  When ACL is opened, the window size is 80% of the screen and the log itself fills the entire window.  When maximized after minimizing, the window is still 80% but the log itself only occupies 80% of the window (from upper left corner of the window).  Continued minimizing and maximizing does not change the effect (log fills 80% of the window which occupies 80% of the screen).  If ACL is closed and reopened, the log itself again fills the entire window.  If the form size is changed, the effect continues but at whatever size is currently set.

This did not happen prior to the 6.9 update.

Is this a bug or a user setting issue?

OS is Windows 7 x64.

Thanks!
--
Bob
K7WLX

Jim Shorney

I had the exact same thing happen. The fix was to set the form size back to 100 and re-size the window by drakking the edges with the mouse. Looks just the same as when I had the form size at 80 before.

I figured it out from reading the release notes... :)

-Jim
NU0C

On Sat, 03 Apr 2021 18:57:33 -0700
"Bob Felton" <k7wlx@arrl.net> wrote:

Form size is set to 80.  When ACL is opened, the window size is 80% of the screen and the log itself fills the entire window.  When maximized after minimizing, the window is still 80% but the log itself only occupies 80% of the window (from upper left corner of the window).  Continued minimizing and maximizing does not change the effect (log fills 80% of the window which occupies 80% of the screen).  If ACL is closed and reopened, the log itself again fills the entire window.  If the form size is changed, the effect continues but at whatever size is currently set.

This did not happen prior to the 6.9 update.

Is this a bug or a user setting issue?

OS is Windows 7 x64.

Thanks!
--
Bob
K7WLX

Jim Shorney

"Dragging" the edges...

-Jim
NU0C

On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 21:08:15 -0500
"Jim Shorney" <jshorney@inebraska.com> wrote:

by drakking the edges

Bob Felton

Thank you all for your replies.

While following your suggestions to correct the reported issue, I found another, simpler, method to use.

When I set the form size to 100, closed and reopened ACL, I noticed that the window "size" icon in the upper right corner of the window was in minimize mode.  I clicked on the icon to make the window go to full screen and then reset the form size to 80.  After closing and reopening, the ACL window came up at 80% with the log fully populating the window.  No edge dragging was required.
--
Bob
K7WLX

Jim Shorney

I dunno, but I thought dragging the edges was the simplest. But than I do that all the time with various windows for various reasons... :)

-Jim
NU0C

On Sun, 04 Apr 2021 13:47:09 -0700
"Bob Felton" <k7wlx@arrl.net> wrote:

Thank you all for your replies.

While following your suggestions to correct the reported issue, I found another, simpler, method to use.

When I set the form size to 100, closed and reopened ACL, I noticed that the window "size" icon in the upper right corner of the window was in minimize mode.  I clicked on the icon to make the window go to full screen and then reset the form size to 80.  After closing and reopening, the ACL window came up at 80% with the log fully populating the window.  No edge dragging was required.
--
Bob
K7WLX