Topics

AC Log v6.7 - how to load data based on call signs?

steve d

Hi All,

I am working on tracking states for WAS and have imported the ADIF format log from WSJT-X in to the AC log (v6.7). There are no issues importing the data. However, I need to specifically populate the state data.

How do I get the software to reach out to the Internet to grab the data from the calls in the log entries to populate at least the state? Is there a batch file, maybe, that exists that I can run the ADIF in to do such a task? Or is there a way within the AC log itself to synchronize it?

As of right now I have been manually looking up all the calls and manually entering the states. I choked up QRZ 2 days in a row and another online database so between those 2 and the FCC database those have been my sources for the data. Though, through FCC's ULS it takes twice as long as there are more clicks.

Thanks,

--
Steve KC8QVO

Larry Banks

Hi Steve,

Try:  EDIT >> Fill Field Determined by Call and then pick whichever option is correct.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 21:28
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] AC Log v6.7 - how to load data based on call signs?

Hi All,

I am working on tracking states for WAS and have imported the ADIF format log from WSJT-X in to the AC log (v6.7). There are no issues importing the data. However, I need to specifically populate the state data.

How do I get the software to reach out to the Internet to grab the data from the calls in the log entries to populate at least the state? Is there a batch file, maybe, that exists that I can run the ADIF in to do such a task? Or is there a way within the AC log itself to synchronize it?

As of right now I have been manually looking up all the calls and manually entering the states. I choked up QRZ 2 days in a row and another online database so between those 2 and the FCC database those have been my sources for the data. Though, through FCC's ULS it takes twice as long as there are more clicks.

Thanks,

--
Steve KC8QVO

steve d

Larry,

Thank you for the suggestion!

That didn't directly get me where I wanted to be but I got enough traction to figure it out.

The only base info that can come from the call are the ITU region, Continent, Country, and CQ zone. For State, County, Grid, etc data - you need to have enabled a lookup database such as QRZ or Hamcall (by logging in to it with an account).

I have a QRZ account so that is what I used. However - there is a limit to how many call lookups you can process on QRZ in a 24 hour period. I had about 50 to do at the end here and that ran fine, but I want to say the limit on QRZ is 100. So if you try to do a log with 1000 entries it would take you 10 days because QRZ would block you to 100 in a 24 hour period.

Steve, KC8QVO

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 8:06 AM Larry Banks via groups.io <larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Steve,

Try:  EDIT >> Fill Field Determined by Call and then pick whichever option is correct.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] AC Log v6.7 - how to load data based on call signs?

Hi All,

Thanks,

--
Steve KC8QVO

--
Steve

Larry Banks

Hi Steve,

Sorry -- I assumed you had a QRZ account; yes, you need one to do this.

I’ve never had an issue with any QRZ limitations when using the ‘Fill Fields” command, and I often have contest logs over 200 Qs.  If there is such a limit, which I have never reached, I suspect it is for individual queries and not for this kind of mass query.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2021 10:14
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] AC Log v6.7 - how to load data based on call signs?

Larry,

Thank you for the suggestion!

That didn't directly get me where I wanted to be but I got enough traction to figure it out.

The only base info that can come from the call are the ITU region, Continent, Country, and CQ zone. For State, County, Grid, etc data - you need to have enabled a lookup database such as QRZ or Hamcall (by logging in to it with an account).

I have a QRZ account so that is what I used. However - there is a limit to how many call lookups you can process on QRZ in a 24 hour period. I had about 50 to do at the end here and that ran fine, but I want to say the limit on QRZ is 100 So if you try to do a log with 1000 entries it would take you 10 days because QRZ would block you to 100 in a 24 hour period.

Steve, KC8QVO

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 8:06 AM Larry Banks via groups.io <larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Steve,

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Hi All,

Thanks,

--
Steve KC8QVO

--
Steve