AC Log 6.9 Now On the Website!

Scott Davis

Hi All,

It will be a day or two before I complete the announcement write up and change the web site to initiate the automatic upgrade prompt, but AC Log 6.9 is now on the web site!  

Very briefly, the AC Log 6.9 enhancements include:

- Load and save customized text entry location configuration files.

- Font scaling based on manual form height changes of main form and several support forms.

- Frequency Privileges form enhanced to show current frequency and DX spots.

- Winkeyer settings now saved along with your other CW settings when you click the Save Settings button.

- Winkeyer: Use _ to merge characters and | to add a small amount of space between characters.

- RI: commands in F1 now can be programmed with loop delay.

- A basic, bulk edit option is now included in AC Log (under the Settings menu).

- You can now toggle most rigs from transmit to receive with Ctrl + Shift + A.

Necessitated mostly by all the font scaling possibilities, I really, really appreciate all the extra beta testing that went into this release.  Thank you so much for all your help!

If you have the chance to go ahead and install AC Log 6.9 now and give it one more good look before I send out the announcement on the main e-mail Announcements list, I would really appreciate it!

You will find AC Log 6.9 here (it should not be necessary to uninstall your previous version):

http://www.n3fjp.com/aclog.html

Thanks again!

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

K7GA

6.9 loaded and active. No glitches so far!
Geoff K7GA 

Sent from Geoff’s iPhone X

On Mar 30, 2021, at 13:43, Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis@...> wrote:

Hi All,

It will be a day or two before I complete the announcement write up and change the web site to initiate the automatic upgrade prompt, but AC Log 6.9 is now on the web site!  

Very briefly, the AC Log 6.9 enhancements include:

- Load and save customized text entry location configuration files.

- Font scaling based on manual form height changes of main form and several support forms.

- Frequency Privileges form enhanced to show current frequency and DX spots.

- Winkeyer settings now saved along with your other CW settings when you click the Save Settings button.

- Winkeyer: Use _ to merge characters and | to add a small amount of space between characters.

- RI: commands in F1 now can be programmed with loop delay.

- A basic, bulk edit option is now included in AC Log (under the Settings menu).

- You can now toggle most rigs from transmit to receive with Ctrl + Shift + A.

Necessitated mostly by all the font scaling possibilities, I really, really appreciate all the extra beta testing that went into this release.  Thank you so much for all your help!

If you have the chance to go ahead and install AC Log 6.9 now and give it one more good look before I send out the announcement on the main e-mail Announcements list, I would really appreciate it!

You will find AC Log 6.9 here (it should not be necessary to uninstall your previous version):

http://www.n3fjp.com/aclog.html

Thanks again!

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Greg Tomerlin - K4KO

I'm running v6.9 and love the new feature allowing users to save custom configurations of Fields Displayed etc., but I cannot get it to work. When I click Settings>Edit Fields Displayed I see three options: 

Load a Saved Configuration
Customize Your Configuration
Reset To Original Settings

I can customize my configuration but find no way to Save it or my current configuration. I can move and remove fields, but see no checkbox to check or any way to Save the configuration. Nor do I find any files with the suffix .efi in the Directory C:\Users\Greg\Documents\Affirmatech\N3FJP Software\ACLog 

What am I overlooking?

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Tomerlin - K4KO

STOP THE PRESSES! I found it. When I checked Enable Repositioning of All Fields on Main Form on the Settings>Edit Fields Displayed>Customize Your Configuration form, I am presented with option to Save the configuration. 

Thank you for this feature!!!!!!

Greg

Scott Davis

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your kind words and good report!

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Thu, Apr 1, 2021 7:02 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] AC Log 6.9 Now On the Website!

STOP THE PRESSES! I found it. When I checked Enable Repositioning of All Fields on Main Form on the Settings>Edit Fields Displayed>Customize Your Configuration form, I am presented with option to Save the configuration. 

Thank you for this feature!!!!!!

Greg

Craig

Hi All,

Scott,  Great job with AC log as usual.  The bulk Edit Feature will obviously answer my question i asked about 1 hr ago about LoTW not liking the different operator name.

I did however struggle to find the Bulk Edit under Settings tag as mentioned in release notes.  I then checked under the Edit tab and found it there. (seems like a more appropriate place for it anyway)
So not sure if you had a typo when you said it was under the settings tab and meant Edit tab, or it actually belongs under Settings Tab.

In any case, if anyone is looking for the Bulk Edit,  at this point check under the Edit Tab.

Thanks again Scott and Happy Easter to you and everyone on the receiving end of this email.

Craig
VK2KDP/KK2V

Scott Davis

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the good report.  Yes, that way a typo in the release.  Thanks for the catch!

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Fri, Apr 2, 2021 5:54 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] AC Log 6.9 Now On the Website!

Hi All,

Scott,  Great job with AC log as usual.  The bulk Edit Feature will obviously answer my question i asked about 1 hr ago about LoTW not liking the different operator name.

I did however struggle to find the Bulk Edit under Settings tag as mentioned in release notes.  I then checked under the Edit tab and found it there. (seems like a more appropriate place for it anyway)
So not sure if you had a typo when you said it was under the settings tab and meant Edit tab, or it actually belongs under Settings Tab.

In any case, if anyone is looking for the Bulk Edit,  at this point check under the Edit Tab.

Thanks again Scott and Happy Easter to you and everyone on the receiving end of this email.

Craig
VK2KDP/KK2V