AC Log 6.9.4.3 Beta!

Scott Davis

Hi Gang,

I think we are getting very close to release.  In AC Log Beta 6.9.4.3, you can optionally keep rig interface enabled in AC Log while interfaced with WSJT.  WSJT will key your rig via it's connection to AC Log.  You still of course have to configure audio in WSJT, but you can set the rig selection to None in WSJT.  Again, not required, but it eliminates the need to switch back and forth.

Also in this beta version is code to hopefully help those who have been having trouble with the DXSpotting window column widths resizing.

And finally, if you Right Click on the main form's Spot Last button, you will be given the ability to add a comment.

You can download AC Log 6.9.4.3 Beta from this link here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/beta.html

Again, thanks so very much for all your testing.  Kimberly, Chris and I really appreciate it!

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Kevin Gray

Looks like the DX Spot window column widths resizing Is back to normal.

Even across multiple program restarts.

THX Scott for the ever improving logging program.

Kevin

N9VPV

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Davis via groups.io
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2021 5:11 PM
To: n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] AC Log 6.9.4.3 Beta!

Hi Gang,

I think we are getting very close to release.  In AC Log Beta 6.9.4.3, you can optionally keep rig interface enabled in AC Log while interfaced with WSJT.  WSJT will key your rig via it's connection to AC Log.  You still of course have to configure audio in WSJT, but you can set the rig selection to None in WSJT.  Again, not required, but it eliminates the need to switch back and forth.

Also in this beta version is code to hopefully help those who have been having trouble with the DXSpotting window column widths resizing.

And finally, if you Right Click on the main form's Spot Last button, you will be given the ability to add a comment.

Again, thanks so very much for all your testing.  Kimberly, Chris and I really appreciate it!

Enjoy!

73, Scott

N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Scott Davis

Super Kevin, thanks for the great report!

Thanks so much for your continued testing!

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, May 10, 2021 10:05 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] AC Log 6.9.4.3 Beta!

Kevin
N9VPV

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Davis via groups.io

Hi Gang,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

VE9VIC...Rino

So far so good, everything is working perfect, I like the new feature for the spot last button.
--
TS590SG, 100 Watts, off center fed dipole.

73, Rino
VE9VIC

David Galletly

I am having an issue trying to make WSJT-X work directly with ACL 6.9.4.3 after resetting the rig: setting to none (in WSJT-X) so I can use ACL for rig control as described. Once putting WSJT-X in "none" I get an "Invalid PTT method" warning. If I change the PTT method to anything other than CAT, I lose rig control. I'm missing a setting somewhere in one program or the other. I've been looking forward to a direct connection for a while. Great job so far.

Thanks
Dave KM2O

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 10:21 AM VE9VIC...Rino <ve9vic@...> wrote:
So far so good, everything is working perfect, I like the new feature for the spot last button.
--

73, Rino
VE9VIC

Scott Davis

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your e-mail.  AC Log and WSJT can't simultaneously control your rig.  If you are going to let AC Log take control, you'll need to choose the VOX option in WSJT.  You can connect directly either way.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Sent: Tue, May 11, 2021 11:11 am

I am having an issue trying to make WSJT-X work directly with ACL 6.9.4.3 after resetting the rig: setting to none (in WSJT-X) so I can use ACL for rig control as described. Once putting WSJT-X in "none" I get an "Invalid PTT method" warning. If I change the PTT method to anything other than CAT, I lose rig control. I'm missing a setting somewhere in one program or the other. I've been looking forward to a direct connection for a while. Great job so far.

Thanks
Dave KM2O

--

73, Rino
VE9VIC

David Galletly

Kimberly,

That did it!

Thanks!
Dave KM2O

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 11:14 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your e-mail.  AC Log and WSJT can't simultaneously control your rig.  If you are going to let AC Log take control, you'll need to choose the VOX option in WSJT.  You can connect directly either way.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Sent: Tue, May 11, 2021 11:11 am

Thanks
Dave KM2O

--

73, Rino
VE9VIC

Jim...N3MVX

Thanks Scott,

DX Window resizing working fine now.

Jim....N3MVX

Jim Polewczak

Hi all.

Actually I’m scratching my head over the rig control item.

• I can set WSJT to no rig, with the audio correctly set. 
  • In ACL, i have the rig control set and the API set to communicate with WSJT and I am properly receiving messages.  

I’m not sure what to expect to see.  

• If I set the rig to a new band manually, ACL follows it, but WSJT does not.
  • If i use ACL to change the rig frequency WSJT does not follow it.
  • If i use the drop down in WSJT to change bands, nothing happens to  the rig.

I'm not sure what to look for.  It looks to me as if ACL is not communicating frequency info back and forth to WSJT. I would appreciate any insight you can provide.

Jim KG2H

Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 8:42 AM

Enjoy!

73, Scott

N3FJP

Kevin

N9VPV

Hi Gang,

Enjoy!

73, Scott

N3FJP

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your input!  The only thing you should see in 6.9.4.3 is your rig keying when WSJT sends the transmit command.  It would be great if you would test 6.9.4.4, where you can select the band in WSJT and your rig will follow, even with AC Log doing rig control.

http://www.n3fjp.com/beta.html

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Tue, May 11, 2021 3:12 pm

Hi all.
Actually I’m scratching my head over the rig control item.
  • I can set WSJT to no rig, with the audio correctly set. 
  • In ACL, i have the rig control set and the API set to communicate with WSJT and I am properly receiving messages.  
I’m not sure what to expect to see.  
  • If I set the rig to a new band manually, ACL follows it, but WSJT does not.
  • If i use ACL to change the rig frequency WSJT does not follow it.
  • If i use the drop down in WSJT to change bands, nothing happens to  the rig.
I'm not sure what to look for.  It looks to me as if ACL is not communicating frequency info back and forth to WSJT. I would appreciate any insight you can provide.

Jim KG2H

Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 8:42 AM

Enjoy!
73, Scott
N3FJP

Kevin
N9VPV

Hi Gang,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Jim Polewczak

thanks Scott.
Yes, i had 6.9.4.3 on the computer even though i downloaded the beta at 6:12 PM (eastern) yesterday.  I thought i had the newest one because i downloaded it after i saw your email about 4.4.  I downloaded it tonight at 5:16 PM and got the the 4.4 version.
Anyhow, WSJT is now keying the rig and changing the bands from the WSJT program.  I'm having some funky problems with the audio when i switch to the "no rig" configuration in WSJT, but i don't think that is anything to do with ACL.
BTW the frequency change is only one way, that is WSJT can change the rig's freq, but changing the rig's freq either manually or with ACL is not reflected back to WSJT.  I will get the audio thing figured out tomorrow.  
Thanks for the assistance.
Jim KG2H

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the good report.  Yes, the control is only one way.  If they both try to take control, an argument ensues!  :)

Thanks again!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Tue, May 11, 2021 6:30 pm

thanks Scott.
Yes, i had 6.9.4.3 on the computer even though i downloaded the beta at 6:12 PM (eastern) yesterday.  I thought i had the newest one because i downloaded it after i saw your email about 4.4.  I downloaded it tonight at 5:16 PM and got the the 4.4 version.
Anyhow, WSJT is now keying the rig and changing the bands from the WSJT program.  I'm having some funky problems with the audio when i switch to the "no rig" configuration in WSJT, but i don't think that is anything to do with ACL.
BTW the frequency change is only one way, that is WSJT can change the rig's freq, but changing the rig's freq either manually or with ACL is not reflected back to WSJT.  I will get the audio thing figured out tomorrow.  
Thanks for the assistance.
Jim KG2H