A and B VFOs, Yeasu FTDX-10

Danny WD4LAM

I can make the Log read either A or B VFOs, but, strangely enough, not both on my Yaesu FTDX-10.

What do I need to do?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Danny WD4LAM

BTW, latest edition on a Win 10 machine.

Danny WD4LAM

I know of at least one more FTDX-10 user who has this issue. 

Scott Davis

Hi wd4lam,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I don't have any Yaesu equipment here myself.  Hopefully someone more familiar with your rig will have some helpful insights for you.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Thu, Apr 15, 2021 11:50 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] A and B VFOs, Yeasu FTDX-10

I know of at least one more FTDX-10 user who has this issue. 

Danny WD4LAM

Scott, on the "rig set up" screen, using the command line to read the frequency "FA;" reads VFO A. "FB;" reads VFO B. The semi colon is important as the rig will not pole with out it. I various versions of "FA;FB;" but it only reads VFO in this example. Or "FB;FA;" reads VFO B. 

I was hoping there was little piece of "coding" that was necessary for me to use in that line. I'm a hardware guy. "If, Then, Else" confuses me.

Scott Davis

Hi wd4lam ,

Thanks for your follow up.  What is the command to read the active VFO?

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Sent: Thu, Apr 15, 2021 12:22 pm

Scott, on the "rig set up" screen, using the command line to read the frequency "FA;" reads VFO A. "FB;" reads VFO B. The semi colon is important as the rig will not pole with out it. I various versions of "FA;FB;" but it only reads VFO in this example. Or "FB;FA;" reads VFO B. 

I was hoping there was little piece of "coding" that was necessary for me to use in that line. I'm a hardware guy. "If, Then, Else" confuses me.

Bob Smallwood

"VS;" reads the VFO Operation. Returned "VS0" when VFO-A is active, "VS1" for VFO-B. Then, a second call with FA; or FB; would be needed to read.  
Bob

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 12:25 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi wd4lam ,

73, Scott
N3FJP

Scott Davis

Thanks for the good information Bob.  

If Yaesu doesn't provide a call for the active VFO, as Kenwood and Icom do, the software will only read the VFO you assign it to.

I'm sorry we didn't have the answer that you were hoping for.

Enjoy!

73, Scott

N3FJP

Sent: Thu, Apr 15, 2021 12:52 pm

"VS;" reads the VFO Operation. Returned "VS0" when VFO-A is active, "VS1" for VFO-B. Then, a second call with FA; or FB; would be needed to read.  
Bob

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 12:25 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi wd4lam ,

73, Scott
N3FJP

Bob Smallwood

WD4LAM, 
I'd suggest that when you're doing work and you decide to use VFO-B, you SWAP VFOs; That will allow Scott's software to use the preloaded VFO-A settings, and would also drive any automated functionality such as setting the VFO, etc to work normally. That becomes VERY important when using his contest software, as it can help guide you to the next spotted contact!

73 and good luck! 

Bob, N3FM

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 1:36 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks for the good information Bob.  

If Yaesu doesn't provide a call for the active VFO, as Kenwood and Icom do, the software will only read the VFO you assign it to.

I'm sorry we didn't have the answer that you were hoping for.

Enjoy!

73, Scott

N3FJP

Sent: Thu, Apr 15, 2021 12:52 pm

Bob

Hi wd4lam ,

73, Scott
N3FJP