June VHF Log Files Workflow #contest

kn6bst@...

Hi everyone.  What is the workflow on my next steps in using the log files from N3FJP to sent it to ARRL as a Cabrillo format.  Thanks

Larry Banks

Hi name?, KN6BST,

Go to the entry site:   < http://contest-log-submission.arrl.org/ >, fill out the form, and upload your file as the form shows.

Larry / W1DYJ

On 6/14/2022 12:49, kn6bst@... wrote:
Hi everyone.  What is the workflow on my next steps in using the log files from N3FJP to sent it to ARRL as a Cabrillo format.  Thanks

Pat Whelton

No sure of your name but I would think the next step would be to import the contest log into ACLog.

Regards,

Pat – KZ6J

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of kn6bst@...
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 11:50 AM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] June VHF Log Files Workflow #contest

kn6bst@...

Is the ACLog Cabrillo-formatted?  Thx.

kn6bst@...

Thanks Larry.  My name is Frank.  How do you take the logs from adi to Cabrillo-formatted?

Chris Smart

There’s an option on the File Menu to do that.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of kn6bst@...
Sent: June 14, 2022 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] June VHF Log Files Workflow #contest

Thanks Larry.  My name is Frank.  How do you take the logs from adi to Cabrillo-formatted?

kn6bst@...

Super, found it.  This is super cool.  Thank Chris.

Larry Banks

Hi Name?

No -- it's a dB.  You can export an ADIF, but not a Cabrillo from ACLog.

Larry / W1DYJ

On 6/14/2022 15:31, kn6bst@... wrote:
Is the ACLog Cabrillo-formatted?  Thx.

Larry Banks

Hi Frank,

Load your ADIF into the contest logger, which I assume you were using to begin with, and then export from there.

Larry / W1DYJ

On 6/14/2022 15:32, kn6bst@... wrote:

Scott Davis

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your e-mail.  You will find the easy contest submittal steps here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q52

And the steps to transfer your contest QSOs to AC Log here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q6

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tue, Jun 14, 2022 4:27 pm

Hi Frank,

Load your ADIF into the contest logger, which I assume you were using to begin with, and then export from there.

Larry / W1DYJ

On 6/14/2022 15:32, kn6bst@... wrote:

Tim

Scott This year there ia a new category, Analog only (no digital) when asked by your program I don't see that catagory as an option, SSB,CW, Digital or mixed are only option.
Tim W4YN

Larry Banks

Hi Tim,

That choice is done on the ARRL contest entry form.

Larry / W1DYJ

On 6/14/2022 18:57, Tim wrote:
Scott This year there ia a new category, Analog only (no digital) when asked by your program I don't see that catagory as an option, SSB,CW, Digital or mixed are only option.
Tim W4YN

Tim

ARRL does't ask they expect to find it in Cabrillo file. 
Tim 

Larry Banks

Hi Tim,

They do not expect it in the Cabrillo.  Here is a screen shot from the entry form.

Note the mode question.

Larry / W1DYJ

On 6/14/2022 19:46, Tim wrote:
Tim 

Tim O'Rourke

When I choose Submit log in N3FJP I get a completely different set of questions!

Tim

On 6/14/2022 7:54 PM, Larry Banks via groups.io wrote:
Hi Tim,

They do not expect it in the Cabrillo.  Here is a screen shot from the entry form.

Note the mode question.

Larry / W1DYJ

Tim 

Tim O'Rourke

Hi Tim,

Note the mode question.

Larry / W1DYJ

Tim 

Scott Davis

Hi Tim,

I dropped Paul, N1SFE, ARRL Contest Program Manager a query on whether any modifications were required in the VHF contest software to accommodate the new sub categories in the VHF contests last week.  The short answer is no, that will be handled on the ARRL Cabrillo submittal site when you submit your log, as Larry's image demonstrates.  If you are getting different results from the ARRL site, you should check with ARRL on that.

Paul's reply with more detail follows:

Hi Scott,

The default response from the uploader when uploading a log with analog and digital contacts is ALL, but I don’t think that adding an all mode drop down would really be necessary. 

The category selection on the ARRL uploader for VHF is driven by the selections checked off on the web page, and not by the Cabrillo header.  We do preserve whatever is in the headers for reference, but the web page drives the category selection that is passed onto the log checker, and used for the entry.

Contest:               ARRL-VHF-JUN  [contest rules]
Call Sign:              N0CALL
Category:            Single Operator, Low Power        Original category switched because: Reported power exceeds limit for VHF 3-BAND
Operator:            SINGLE-OP          Created from Number of operators question (Answer: Only one)
Mode:  ALL         Created from Mode question (Answer: All modes, including digital)
Power: LOW      Set to match switched category

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Paul Bourque, N1SFE
Contest Program Manager

ARRL  The National Association for Amateur Radio®
225 Main Street
Newington CT 06111-1400
Telephone: 860-594-0232
Fax: 860-594-0346
-------------

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tue, Jun 14, 2022 11:38 pm

Hi Tim,

Note the mode question.

Larry / W1DYJ

Tim 

Larry Banks

Hi Tim,

Start filling out the form and the other questions will show up once you click Fixed and Only One.

Larry / W1DYJ

On 6/14/2022 23:38, Tim O'Rourke wrote:

Hi Tim,

Note the mode question.

Larry / W1DYJ

Tim 

Tim

Got it and in ARRL's wisdom they don't have an Anolog Only class for Rover :(
Tim w4yn

Larry Banks

This issue has been raised with the ARRL -- it could change next year.

Larry / W1DYJ

On 6/15/2022 10:55, Tim wrote:
Got it and in ARRL's wisdom they don't have an Anolog Only class for Rover :(
Tim w4yn