Armed Forces QSL

Christopher Scibelli

This is slightly off-topic but I know several of you participated in Armed Forces Day crossband.  I worked six or seven stations and I am currently filling out the form so I can receive all those QSLs by providing my information online.

I'm running into one problem. The next to last question is as follows:

Enter the text of AFD Test Message to confirm receipt:
cut and paste the actual message text received below.  Do not include any other remarks in this field.
Your answer

I do not see anything below regarding the test message.  Below that question is just a question asking if I have any comments, thoughts, or ideas, and then the page ends.

Where can I find the test message they are asking me to cut and paste?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

73,

Chris  NU1O

Mike - W4HRL

Hello Chris -

I did not participate in this year's contest, but as I understand it, the message is the AFD message that was broadcast as part of the contest. They are asking you to fill in what YOU received so it can be checked for accuracy. Like an exchange at Field Day or other contest.

W4HRL
Mike in Poquoson VA

Christopher Scibelli

By chance I tuned into the CW broadcast, but it was already underway. I copied what I heard in my head, but I have no recollection of that transmission other than a bunch of platitudes.

A little while ago, I noticed that question did not have a red star which means it was NOT required.  So I sent in what I had filled out and I'll hope for the best.  When I got back into the hobby back in 2010, I was on for AFD and I have a few QSLs for the event. I know I did not listen to the Sec of DoDs broadcast. I just worked a few stations.

Thanks for the clarification. It was appreciated.

73,

Chris  NU1O

Here's my  belt and suspenders log path...

I log each contact to ACLog (N3FJP). Then...
I upload to LoTW at the end of the session. Then...
At the end of the day I download any confirmed or accepted LoTW files back into ACLog to update the ACLog entries. Then.....
I import the LoTW updates into my QRZ log directly from LoTW with a couple of easy key strokes. Then...
Each night when I close my ACLog it automatically saves the ACLog mdb file to my DropBox account.
Occasionally I will upload my log to eQSL for any folks that prefer that logging technique.

The mdb file in my DropBox account is my primary backup file stored offsite. If a disaster happens (i.e. Fire, theft, tornado or computer failure etc.) I can easily get my ACLog file back in the original file format that ACLog understands.

73
Bob - W8RES

I had to doublecheck to make sure I had written your message.  I basically do the same thing except I upload to eQSL after each session and I occasionally upload to QRZ for those who use that.  I also upload to Clublog after each session so I can see what I have worked, confirmed, and Verified.