#updating ARQP contest log from 2.4 to 2.4.1 #updating

Tom - K5EIS

I have 2 WinTel computers that I'm attempting to update the ARQP contest log from 2.4 to 2.4.1 and that update process seems to not occur. On both computers, after appearing to complete that update install, the ARQP contest log software is restarted but shows it is still 2.4 in its window title bar and the new version pop-up window displays asking if I want to update from 2.4 to 2.4.1, which was released on 2022-01-03. So it appears to be looping trying to complete this update. I could choose the option "Don't ask again for version 2.4.1", but then it might be 2.4 instead of 2.4.1

Scott Davis

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the report.  It looks like the version number did not increment properly for the out of state version.  You can be sure you have 2.4.1 if you click Settings > Appearance and see that there is a option for Light Theme and Dark Theme.

I will correct that at the first opportunity.

Thanks again!

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sat, Jan 29, 2022 2:25 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] #updating ARQP contest log from 2.4 to 2.4.1

I have 2 WinTel computers that I'm attempting to update the ARQP contest log from 2.4 to 2.4.1 and that update process seems to not occur. On both computers, after appearing to complete that update install, the ARQP contest log software is restarted but shows it is still 2.4 in its window title bar and the new version pop-up window displays asking if I want to update from 2.4 to 2.4.1, which was released on 2022-01-03. So it appears to be looping trying to complete this update. I could choose the option "Don't ask again for version 2.4.1", but then it might be 2.4 instead of 2.4.1

Tom - K5EIS

I checked as you described and it did update to 2.4.1, but the software just didn't think it did. Thanks Scott & family. Support for your software is great!