wrong call lookup #aclog #qrz

CJ Stevens

Last night I did a QSO with a guy in a park in UT. I entered it into ACLog and QRZ logbook - both said he was a different guy in TX. When I did a search in QRZ it came up with the correct information: guy#1 in UT. I tried other Call Books in ACLog and all came up with guy#2 in TX (wrong). The interesting thing is that QRZ showed him as guy#1 in Search but guy#2 in it's logbook. So, my question is why is ACLog not bringing up the right guy: guy#1 who shows up in QRZ search?

Scott Davis

Hi CJ,

Thanks for your e-mail.  AC Log fills whatever is returned from the callbook lookup service that you are using. It is the responsibility of the data provider to provide correct data.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Jun 6, 2021 11:55 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] wrong call lookup #aclog #qrz

Last night I did a QSO with a guy in a park in UT. I entered it into ACLog and QRZ logbook - both said he was a different guy in TX. When I did a search in QRZ it came up with the correct information: guy#1 in UT. I tried other Call Books in ACLog and all came up with guy#2 in TX (wrong). The interesting thing is that QRZ showed him as guy#1 in Search but guy#2 in it's logbook. So, my question is why is ACLog not bringing up the right guy: guy#1 who shows up in QRZ search?

Mike Olbrisch

My first thought……   QRZ lookup is updated nightly, usually pretty much correct.

Scott’s callbook lookup is only (IIRC) updated every 6 months.  Once in January, and -unfortunately- again right after Field Day.  I no longer rely on Scott’s database, so my information is old and may be incorrect.

Vy73  –  Mike  –  KD5KC –  El Paso – Texas  –  DM61. 

The canyons are calling, colorful and deep.  But I have promises to keep.

And miles to go still in my Jeep...   And miles to go still in my Jeep...

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.   An EXIT is really an

ENTRANCE to someplace new.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of CJ Stevens
Sent: Sunday, June 6, 2021 9:55 AM

Tim O'Rourke

I need one your size!

Tim w4yn

On 6/6/2021 12:32 PM, Mike Olbrisch wrote:

My first thought……   QRZ lookup is updated nightly, usually pretty much correct.

Scott’s callbook lookup is only (IIRC) updated every 6 months.  Once in January, and -unfortunately- again right after Field Day.  I no longer rely on Scott’s database, so my information is old and may be incorrect.

Vy73  –  Mike  –  KD5KC –  El Paso – Texas  –  DM61. 

The canyons are calling, colorful and deep.  But I have promises to keep.

And miles to go still in my Jeep...   And miles to go still in my Jeep...

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.   An EXIT is really an

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of CJ Stevens

Jim Shorney

You can actually update Scott's AClog Calldata yourself any time you want, but you need to also have an older version of ACLog on your system to do so. I've done it and it works but it is not a process for folks who know nothing about computers. :) See the bottom paragraph here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/calldata.html

-Jim
NU0C

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 10:32:50 -0600
"Mike Olbrisch" <mike-2020@elp.rr.com> wrote:

My first thought…… QRZ lookup is updated nightly, usually pretty much correct.

Scott’s callbook lookup is only (IIRC) updated every 6 months. Once in January, and -unfortunately- again right after Field Day. I no longer rely on Scott’s database, so my information is old and may be incorrect.

Vy73 – Mike – KD5KC – El Paso – Texas – DM61.

The canyons are calling, colorful and deep. But I have promises to keep.

And miles to go still in my Jeep... And miles to go still in my Jeep...

ADVENTURE: The respectful pursuit of trouble. An EXIT is really an

Lou WA5LOU

What call book have you chosen in ACLog?

Lou WA5LOU

On Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 11:55 AM CJ Stevens <cj@...> wrote: