v7, WSJT-X and logging #wsjtx

Loren McCullough - WA3WZR

Been using your software for years and love it.  I upgraded to v7 several days ago, and I like the new integration with WSJT-X ... mostly.  I have a question: under what circumstances does WSJT-X log to ACLog.  I have been using that feature to log to HRDlog for many years, but I have noticed that all QSOs are not logged to ACLog.   I noticed this because all of a sudden I had duplicate log entries for only some of my QSOs. 

Actually I would like to turn this feature off, but keep the display integration, which I think is great.  I know it may sound funny, but I want to manually log my QSOs (I only use HRDlog as secondary and to update HRDlog.net) as I use ACLog for my official log and want it to be accurate.  I have found that the logged information from WSJT-X is not consistent, and not always  complete, also I want to add other info as I log it (IOTA if needed, Radio  and antenna used, grid if not supplied by the other station, etc.).  Call me old school, (I have been a computer programmer for about 40 years (recently retired)) and I am not a fan of all automation.

Thanks,
Loren WA3WZR

Scott Davis

Hi Loren,

Thanks for your e-mail.  The QSO is logged in N3FJP immediately after you click the Log QSO button in WSJT.  There isn't a way to stop the log action, aside from deselecting the check box in N3FJP API to listen for WSJT.

Thanks so much for your kind words on the software!

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Tue, May 18, 2021 11:00 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] v7, WSJT-X and logging #wsjtx

Been using your software for years and love it.  I upgraded to v7 several days ago, and I like the new integration with WSJT-X ... mostly.  I have a question: under what circumstances does WSJT-X log to ACLog.  I have been using that feature to log to HRDlog for many years, but I have noticed that all QSOs are not logged to ACLog.   I noticed this because all of a sudden I had duplicate log entries for only some of my QSOs. 

Actually I would like to turn this feature off, but keep the display integration, which I think is great.  I know it may sound funny, but I want to manually log my QSOs (I only use HRDlog as secondary and to update HRDlog.net) as I use ACLog for my official log and want it to be accurate.  I have found that the logged information from WSJT-X is not consistent, and not always  complete, also I want to add other info as I log it (IOTA if needed, Radio  and antenna used, grid if not supplied by the other station, etc.).  Call me old school, (I have been a computer programmer for about 40 years (recently retired)) and I am not a fan of all automation.

Thanks,
Loren WA3WZR

Ok, any concern on your part why all are not being logged?

Scott Davis

Hi Loren,

Thanks for your follow up.  If you are clicking Log QSO in WSJT-X and it is not immediately appearing in AC Log, AC Log is not receiving the message from WSJT-X to log the QSO.  In that case, please correct your settings as detailed here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/digitalsetup.html#wsjtx

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Tue, May 18, 2021 4:22 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] v7, WSJT-X and logging #wsjtx

Ok, any concern on your part why all are not being logged?

after further investigation and testing.  I see that I can update the blank log fields that WSJT-X adds ready for logging and then press the ok button on the log popup from WSJT-X and it logs everything, instead of using the log button in ACLog.  All ok Scott.   Thanks