v7, WSJT-X and logging #wsjtx

Loren McCullough - WA3WZR

Been using your software for years and love it.  I upgraded to v7 several days ago, and I like the new integration with WSJT-X ... mostly.  I have a question: under what circumstances does WSJT-X log to ACLog.  I have been using that feature to log to HRDlog for many years, but I have noticed that all QSOs are not logged to ACLog.   I noticed this because all of a sudden I had duplicate log entries for only some of my QSOs.

Actually I would like to turn this feature off, but keep the display integration, which I think is great.  I know it may sound funny, but I want to manually log my QSOs (I only use HRDlog as secondary and to update HRDlog.net) as I use ACLog for my official log and want it to be accurate.  I have found that the logged information from WSJT-X is not consistent, and not always  complete, also I want to add other info as I log it (IOTA if needed, Radio  and antenna used, grid if not supplied by the other station, etc.).  Call me old school, (I have been a computer programmer for about 40 years (recently retired)) and I am not a fan of all automation.

Thanks,
Loren WA3WZR

Scott Davis

Hi Loren,

Thanks for your e-mail.  The QSO is logged in N3FJP immediately after you click the Log QSO button in WSJT.  There isn't a way to stop the log action, aside from deselecting the check box in N3FJP API to listen for WSJT.

Thanks so much for your kind words on the software!

[...]

Ok, any concern on your part why all are not being logged?

Scott Davis

Hi Loren,

Thanks for your follow up.  If you are clicking Log QSO in WSJT-X and it is not immediately appearing in AC Log, AC Log is not receiving the message from WSJT-X to log the QSO.  In that case, please correct your settings as detailed here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/digitalsetup.html#wsjtx

Ok, any concern on your part why all are not being logged?

Loren McCullough - WA3WZR

after further investigation and testing.  I see that I can update the blank log fields that WSJT-X adds ready for logging and then press the ok button on the log popup from WSJT-X and it logs everything, instead of using the log button in ACLog.  All ok Scott.   Thanks