Possible BUG with AC Log 6.9 concerning Deleting Duplicates

William D'Agostino

Hi Scott and the group,

Thanks for your suggestion.  I tried it, but it didn't solve this strange problem.

So, I decided to take an "old-school" approach.

I exported the AC Log ADFI file from yesterday, then re-installed my AC Log weekly backup, and then imported yesterday's ADFI file again.  I still had to manually deleted the 50+ duplicates from yesterday, but it did solve my problem although it wasn't an elegant solution.  In addition, I deleted my WSJT-X log file just in case the problem was caused by a corrupted file.

I successfully saved my QSOs from yesterday, and I avoided the need to manually delete the 1,000+ other duplicate QSOs which were created.

Thanks again, and I really enjoy using your logging programs.

73,
Will
WB1DMK

On Friday, April 9, 2021, 8:58:47 AM EDT, Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis@...> wrote:

Hi Will,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you have run into trouble.  There haven't been any changes to the remove duplicates function.  I just double checked here and it continues to work fine.

First, try clicking Edit > Fill Fields Determined by Call, so that more of the fields that are compared have values and then try running the function.

If that doesn't correct the problem, compare two records that you believe are duplicates for these fields:

Capture.JPG

It is very likely one or more of the above fields have different values.

Thanks so much for your kind words on the software!