Possible BUG with AC Log 6.9 concerning Deleting Duplicates

William D'Agostino

Hi Scott and the group,

Thanks for your suggestion.  I tried it, but it didn't solve this strange problem.

So, I decided to take an "old-school" approach. 

I exported the AC Log ADFI file from yesterday, then re-installed my AC Log weekly backup, and then imported yesterday's ADFI file again.  I still had to manually deleted the 50+ duplicates from yesterday, but it did solve my problem although it wasn't an elegant solution.  In addition, I deleted my WSJT-X log file just in case the problem was caused by a corrupted file.

I successfully saved my QSOs from yesterday, and I avoided the need to manually delete the 1,000+ other duplicate QSOs which were created.

Thanks again, and I really enjoy using your logging programs.

Will
WB1DMK

On Friday, April 9, 2021, 8:58:47 AM EDT, Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis@...> wrote:

Hi Will,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you have run into trouble.  There haven't been any changes to the remove duplicates function.  I just double checked here and it continues to work fine.

First, try clicking Edit > Fill Fields Determined by Call, so that more of the fields that are compared have values and then try running the function.

If that doesn't correct the problem, compare two records that you believe are duplicates for these fields:

Capture.JPG

It is very likely one or more of the above fields have different values.

Thanks so much for your kind words on the software!

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
From: William D'Agostino via groups.io <william_dagostino@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Apr 9, 2021 8:31 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Possible BUG with AC Log 6.9 concerning Deleting Duplicates

Hi Everyone,

First, AC Log is a great product and I enjoy using it.

I just upgraded to AC Log 6.9 from AC Log 6.7, and this was my first time using AC Log 6.9.  I’m running a Windows 10 Dell laptop. 

Yesterday, I worked approximately 50 stations using WSJT-X FT8 on 60m.  Near the end of my radio session, I started getting AC Log error messages that the QSO was not “logged” into AC Log.  This has occasionally happen with AC Log 6.7, and I never had an issue with importing the WSJT-X log and deleting duplicates contacts in AC Log 6.7.

I imported the WSJT-X log file into AC Log 6.9 to recover the missing QSOs and then ran the “Remove Duplicates” function.  This is were the possible “bug” occurred.  The AC Log did not delete the duplicates.  I restarted my laptop and tried again with no success.  I now have duplicate QSOs for all of my contacts from yesterday as well as another 1,000+ duplicates ranging back for several months.

As mentioned above, I was previously using AC Log 6.7 before upgrading to AC Log 6.9, and I never had a problem with deleting duplicates after importing the WSJT-X log.

Has anyone else experienced this possible bug?  Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,
Will
WB1DMK

Scott Davis

Hi Will,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you have run into trouble.  There haven't been any changes to the remove duplicates function.  I just double checked here and it continues to work fine.

First, try clicking Edit > Fill Fields Determined by Call, so that more of the fields that are compared have values and then try running the function.

If that doesn't correct the problem, compare two records that you believe are duplicates for these fields:

Capture.JPG

It is very likely one or more of the above fields have different values.

Thanks so much for your kind words on the software!

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
From: William D'Agostino via groups.io <william_dagostino@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Apr 9, 2021 8:31 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Possible BUG with AC Log 6.9 concerning Deleting Duplicates

Hi Everyone,

I just upgraded to AC Log 6.9 from AC Log 6.7, and this was my first time using AC Log 6.9.  I’m running a Windows 10 Dell laptop. 

Yesterday, I worked approximately 50 stations using WSJT-X FT8 on 60m.  Near the end of my radio session, I started getting AC Log error messages that the QSO was not “logged” into AC Log.  This has occasionally happen with AC Log 6.7, and I never had an issue with importing the WSJT-X log and deleting duplicates contacts in AC Log 6.7.

I imported the WSJT-X log file into AC Log 6.9 to recover the missing QSOs and then ran the “Remove Duplicates” function.  This is were the possible “bug” occurred.  The AC Log did not delete the duplicates.  I restarted my laptop and tried again with no success.  I now have duplicate QSOs for all of my contacts from yesterday as well as another 1,000+ duplicates ranging back for several months.

As mentioned above, I was previously using AC Log 6.7 before upgrading to AC Log 6.9, and I never had a problem with deleting duplicates after importing the WSJT-X log.

Thanks,
Will
WB1DMK

K8TS

Will;

Never experienced.

Go File>Remove Duplicates.  As long as they are identical in every way, ACL with delete them.  The one case I discovered in my log was ACL, or WSJT, or JTAlert was logging one q as FT8 and also logging the other q as DIGATAL.  I was able to manually remove them.  Don’t know the cause, but it has not reoccurred. If it shows two different modes, such as I just described, will not remove the 2nd instance.  Be careful, the process can not be reversed.

Someone speak up, but there should have been no reason to reload your ACL.  The ACL retains the q’s even as you change versions. If you are also using JTAlert, remember that it is changing to .NET 5 in the last couple of days.

Dale K8TS

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, April 9, 2021 8:34 AM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

Hi Everyone,

Thanks,

Will

WB1DMK

William D'Agostino

Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
Will
WB1DMK