Printing Address Labels

K1TZQ

Using the QRZ option for call sign lookup when trying to print address labels. Call sign, name and country info is inputed to the print form but there is no street detail or in the case of US call signs, no zip code. What am I doing wrong??

Scott Davis

Hi!

Thanks for your e-mail.

I'm sorry that you've run into trouble.  The QRZ lookup service will only return the contact's name after your subscription or trial period has expired. You'll find a reminder on the QRZ setup form.

Also, if you would like to see the full address appear in the Comments field, from AC Log's menu options click Callbook and make sure Place Retrieved Address in Comments Field is checked.

The remaining possible causes to check and correct include:

- Make sure your QRZ user name is correct.
- Make sure your QRZ password is correct.
- Make sure your QRZ password only contains letters and numbers (no special characters).
- Make sure your premium QRZ XML subscription has not expired.
- Make sure you Internet connection is up and that your protection software isn't preventing AC Log from accessing the Internet.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ
www.n3fjp.com

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Mar 31, 2021 9:01 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Printing Address Labels

Using the QRZ option for call sign lookup when trying to print address labels. Call sign, name and country info is inputed to the print form but there is no street detail or in the case of US call signs, no zip code. What am I doing wrong??

Frank MacKenzie-Lamb <maclamb@...>

Use N3FJP log and use Avery 5160 labels…….no need to adjust size of labels….just click and print…..I’m assuming your QRZ questions means you use N3FJP software if you are posting to this reflector.

Any help, just ask

Frank

NG1I

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of K1TZQ
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 9:02 AM

K1TZQ

Tnx Frank
Will get those labels and give it a try
73 Howie K1TZQ

On Mar 31, 2021, at 2:11 PM, Frank MacKenzie-Lamb <maclamb@...> wrote:

Use N3FJP log and use Avery 5160 labels…….no need to adjust size of labels….just click and print…..I’m assuming your QRZ questions means you use N3FJP software if you are posting to this reflector.

Any help, just ask

Frank
NG1I

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of K1TZQ
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 9:02 AM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Printing Address Labels

K1TZQ

Tnx Kimberly
An embarrassing moment…I’ll renew my subscription!!!
Vy 73 Howie K1TZQ

On Mar 31, 2021, at 10:33 AM, Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis@...> wrote:

Hi!

Thanks for your e-mail.

I'm sorry that you've run into trouble.  The QRZ lookup service will only return the contact's name after your subscription or trial period has expired. You'll find a reminder on the QRZ setup form.

Also, if you would like to see the full address appear in the Comments field, from AC Log's menu options click Callbook and make sure Place Retrieved Address in Comments Field is checked.

The remaining possible causes to check and correct include:

- Make sure your QRZ user name is correct.
- Make sure your QRZ password is correct.
- Make sure your QRZ password only contains letters and numbers (no special characters).
- Make sure your premium QRZ XML subscription has not expired.
- Make sure you Internet connection is up and that your protection software isn't preventing AC Log from accessing the Internet.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wed, Mar 31, 2021 9:01 am

K1TZQ

One more question....is there a way to print multiple return address labels at one time??

Pat Whelton

Hello K1TZQ.  Unless I am mis-understanding your question the way I do it follows:

• Go to my documents folder and click on a document I have called ‘Label-Template-8160-Labels’.
  • When the template loads go to the first label and type in your address.
  • Hi-lite your address and do a copy.
  • Paste the copy onto labels #2 through #30.
  • Place Avery 8160 labels in your printer and print away.
  • You can either delete the document you just created or save it for future use.
  • If you do a Google search you can find the label template.

Good luck creating your address labels.

Regards,

Pat – KZ5J

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of K1TZQ
Sent: Friday, April 2, 2021 3:05 PM
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Printing Address Labels

One more question....is there a way to print multiple return address labels at one time??

_._,_._,_

K1TZQ

Tnx Pat…actually my question was poorly worded…I was looking to print multiple return address labels  from the “File”, “Print Address” function of N3FJP, and now that you have given your approach, I can see why this may not have been built into the N3FJP software
73 Howie K1TZQ

On Apr 2, 2021, at 4:22 PM, Pat Whelton <pwhelton@...> wrote:

Hello K1TZQ.  Unless I am mis-understanding your question the way I do it follows:

• Go to my documents folder and click on a document I have called ‘Label-Template-8160-Labels’.
  • When the template loads go to the first label and type in your address.
  • Hi-lite your address and do a copy.
  • Paste the copy onto labels #2 through #30.
  • Place Avery 8160 labels in your printer and print away.
  • You can either delete the document you just created or save it for future use.
  • If you do a Google search you can find the label template.

Good luck creating your address labels.

Regards,

Pat – KZ5J

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of K1TZQ
Sent: Friday, April 2, 2021 3:05 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Printing Address Labels