Adding or updating contacts to a log

Harold Broomfield

I would like to know why if you add or update a contact it stays at the top pf the log. What I mean is I added a contact with a past date and when I put it in the log it stay at the top as if that was the most recent contact. Once I close the log and start it up again that contact is not in order with the date it was put in. For example: I do POTA and I work a station at K-8089 (Great Kills Park State Recreation Area) I log him. Check log next day on POTA site and he logs me twice. K-8089 and now K-0680 (Gate Way Recreation). So if I add K-0680 with the same date/time as K-8089 It don't group. It stay at the top of the log. Is there a way to keep it in order? 

Thanks
Harold KC2BPP

Larry Banks

Hi Harold,

Try: FILE >> Sort Log on Date.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Friday, March 19, 2021 10:09
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Adding or updating contacts to a log

I would like to know why if you add or update a contact it stays at the top pf the log. What I mean is I added a contact with a past date and when I put it in the log it stay at the top as if that was the most recent contact. Once I close the log and start it up again that contact is not in order with the date it was put in. For example: I do POTA and I work a station at K-8089 (Great Kills Park State Recreation Area) I log him. Check log next day on POTA site and he logs me twice K-8089 and now K-0680 (Gate Way Recreation). So if I add K-0680 with the same date/time as K-8089 It don't group. It stay at the top of the log. Is there a way to keep it in order?

Thanks
Harold KC2BPP
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#47442) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

This user group is a great forum for asking questions and sharing ideas with the valuable resource of both new and experienced N3FJP Software users, but it does get busy. There is an easy way to cut down on the e-mail volume.

If you only want to receive announcements from Kimberly and me regarding upgrades and new products, please join our "announcements only" list instead. We keep e-mail to the "announcements only" list to an absolute minimum. Please join here:

https://groups.io/g/N3FJPSoftware

Then unsubscribe from this user group by sending a blank e-mail to:N3FJPSoftwareUsers+unsubscribe@groups.io

As always, thanks for your interest, kind thoughts, support and spreading the word about our software!

73, Scott & Kimberly
N3FJP & KA3SEQ
http://www.n3fjp.com/

Serving the Amateur Radio Community with general logging and contesting software since 1997.
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [larrybw1dyj@...]
__,_._,_

Harold Broomfield

That did it. I'm new to this and I have to get used to it. 

On Mar 19, 2021 10:27 AM, "Larry Banks via groups.io" <larryb.w1dyj@...> wrote:
Hi Harold,

Try: FILE >> Sort Log on Date.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Friday, March 19, 2021 10:09
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Adding or updating contacts to a log

I would like to know why if you add or update a contact it stays at the top pf the log. What I mean is I added a contact with a past date and when I put it in the log it stay at the top as if that was the most recent contact. Once I close the log and start it up again that contact is not in order with the date it was put in. For example: I do POTA and I work a station at K-8089 (Great Kills Park State Recreation Area) I log him. Check log next day on POTA site and he logs me twice K-8089 and now K-0680 (Gate Way Recreation). So if I add K-0680 with the same date/time as K-8089 It don't group. It stay at the top of the log. Is there a way to keep it in order?

Thanks
Harold KC2BPP
Tthanks Larry W1DYJ that did the trick. I'm new to this and have to get used to it. 

nb7o

Hi Harold,

After entering an entry into your log after the fact, i.e. not live during the QSO, click on "File" in the Menu bar, then click on "Sort on Date."  This will put all your belated entries in date/time order.

seven three de Kevin/NB7O

Jim Shorney

On Fri, 19 Mar 2021 07:09:59 -0700
"kc2bpp via groups.io" <kc2bpp=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I would like to know why if you add or update a contact it stays at the top pf the log.
Because that is the way databases work. They store and display records in the order entered. It is up to the user to do further manipulation to suit their needs. You already have the answer on how to do that. :)

-Jim
NU0C