Search question

Bob Willey K3RLW

For me, I am on 6.8.6.1
and I hit CLEAR to make sure all fields are clear,
put in Band    2 for 2m
Hit SEARCH
(I do NOT use Rig Control, set to NONE)

1,000 of 4,652 Records Listed.  Continue Listing?
Your search query is returning 4,652 records.  To continue listing, please click yes.

If you have Settings > List Matches for These Fields with Tab enabled, some fields, such as Country and State, can generate very large lists.  For faster response, you may wish to disable the automatic listing on tab for these fields.
Under Settings > List Matches with Tab Select

Call is checked
and Don't List Own Country (to speed listings on tab with large databases)

I unclicked Call
same results

I unclicked "Don't List Own Country"
same results

Settiings > Rig Interface    set to NONE

???
Am I doing something wrong?

If I click on Date entry field and it automatically inserts today's date,
and click on SEARCH
it brings back only today's call log entries
So SEARCH works on some fields

photo
Bob Willey
K3RLW

(410) 251-8960 | K3RLW@...

http://qrz.com/db/K3RLW

5161 Ocean Gateway, Trappe Maryland 21673-2023 USA

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 4:09 PM Larry Banks via groups.io <larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Butch,

Make sure the other info entries are blank.  It will  search for the combination, I.E., perhaps a band and a county or state.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Friday, March 19, 2021 15:55
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Search question

Thanks for the replies.  I wasn't aware of the rig interface needed to be turned off with, or that it is done with Ctrl-Shift-R.

After pressing Ctrl-Shift-R I get a message indicating 'Rig Interface Band and Mode Tracking Disabled' but a band search still doesn't seem to be working properly.  On some band searches I get a few (not all) my contacts on the requested band, and other bands a search produces nothing.  I still must be missing something.

Butch
KF4HR

--
Bob Willey - K3RLW - Trappe MD
https://www.qrz.com/db/K3RLW

kf4hr3@...

That did the trick.  Thanks Larry.

Butch
KF4HR

Larry Banks

Sent: Friday, March 19, 2021 15:55

[...]

Hi (Name?), KF4HR,

I assume you have your rig connected to ACLog.  You probably need to disable the rig interface during your search:  CNTRL-SHIFT-R.   Do it again after your search to re-enable the interface.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2021 21:52
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Search question

I'm a new N3JFP Log user, only about 1,000 QSO's logged.

From what I've seen in videos, from the main page I should be able to type in a band I'm interested in (in Band box), then click search and I should see all the contacts I made on 20M, but the results I get show all the band data.  What am I missing?

KF4HR

nb7o

I have many thousands of contacts in ACL.  It works here just fine.  One caveat.  You must have rig control set to none for it to properly work.  With rig control set the software stores the last band worked and will default to this band when you click in the band box.  With rig control turned off, click in band box and either type the band you want to review or use the pick list to select the band, and then click on the search button in the menu bar.

Another way to get a list of contacts by band is to click on the "Band" label for the band column above your contacts.  This will put the column in "ascii" numeric order based upon the band in that column.  ASCII order will put all of the numbers with a leading 1 first and then all the numbers with a leading 2 second, then all with a leading 3, etc.  you can then scroll down the list to the section of the log that has the band you are searching for.

For me it is easier to save my rig control once, then I can turn it off or on as I need very quickly.  Then to do what you want turn off the rig control, search for the band I want, then turn rig control back on.

seven three de Kevin/NB7O

Scott Davis

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your e-mail. Before searching on a specific band, please make sure that you have disabled rig interface for any searches that include band as part of the criteria.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

I'm a new N3JFP Log user, only about 1,000 QSO's logged.

From what I've seen in videos, from the main page I should be able to type in a band I'm interested in (in Band box), then click search and I should see all the contacts I made on 20M, but the results I get show all the band data.  What am I missing?

KF4HR

kf4hr3@...

I'm a new N3JFP Log user, only about 1,000 QSO's logged.

From what I've seen in videos, from the main page I should be able to type in a band I'm interested in (in Band box), then click search and I should see all the contacts I made on 20M, but the results I get show all the band data.  What am I missing?

KF4HR