K1USN SST

Mel Marcus

Scott

The only reason i have N1MM on my PC is to partake in this event. It is similar to CWT:

Can you look at it and see if it is something you modifying CWT for

Mel
NE9A

JoAnn Donaldson

Did you know that you can also use CwType/CwRec for this Contest too?

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Thursday, March 18, 2021, 6:14:36 PM CDT, Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:

Scott

The only reason i have N1MM on my PC is to partake in this event. It is similar to CWT:

Mel
NE9A

Scott Davis

Hi Mel,

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. We'll give it some thought for the future.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJP Group <n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Mar 18, 2021 7:14 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] K1USN SST

Scott

Mel
NE9A

nb7o

I use Scott's CWT logger for the SST.  The scoring is a bit different.  But it is easy to work around.  You only get to count a state or dx as one multiplier.   So if you work two stations here in Oregon you only get to count one as a multiplier.  But since no one checks the logs and specific entries are sent in it really does not matter if your "score" is off a bit.  I think for this event the number of stations worked is more significant than the score.  go ahead and use the CWT.  Maybe someday Scott will be able to add a check box that tells the logger if you are in the CWT or the SST.  the logger will give you a score based upon the box checked.

seven three de Kevin/NB7O

Mel Marcus

Kevin

Thanks for you input. I will do it that way for now. I was hoping that scott would repsond. as you said it mightn ot take much to make it possible with a switch, but Scott knows more about it than i do.

Mel
NE9A

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of nb7o via groups.io <khedgepe@...>
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2021 6:23 AM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] K1USN SST

I use Scott's CWT logger for the SST.  The scoring is a bit different.  But it is easy to work around.  You only get to count a state or dx as one multiplier.   So if you work two stations here in Oregon you only get to count one as a multiplier.  But since no one checks the logs and specific entries are sent in it really does not matter if your "score" is off a bit.  I think for this event the number of stations worked is more significant than the score.  go ahead and use the CWT.  Maybe someday Scott will be able to add a check box that tells the logger if you are in the CWT or the SST.  the logger will give you a score based upon the box checked.

seven three de Kevin/NB7O

kb3co

Mel,
You are not paying attention. Scott did respond - through his wife, Kimberley. She said that they would give it some thought.

Charlie

Scott Davis

Hi Guys,

Aside from DX multipliers being limited to NA, isn't the NAQP software exchange and scoring exactly what you were looking for?

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Fri, Mar 19, 2021 4:58 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] K1USN SST

Mel,
You are not paying attention. Scott did respond - through his wife, Kimberley. She said that they would give it some thought.

Charlie