Open Ukraine RTTY championship

KC3JNW

Any idea which N3FJP contest program I could use for the Open Ukraine RTTY Championship?

Exchange is state + serial #  ie  PA-001  I believe it is a 4 or 5 character exchange with state and serial combined.

Thanks

Scott Davis

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your e-mail.

All of our contesting software is contest specific. Each program is specifically designed with one contest in mind. You are of course free to use the programs for any contests that you like, but finding an existing program that will support another contest will be quite difficult.

Even if you find an existing program with an identical exchange, there are other parameters you'll have to check as well. For example, are the points counted the same per mode? Do you work the station once, once per band, once per mode or once per band and mode? Will the existing program create a Cabrillo file that the contest sponsors for the other contest will accept? What are the multipliers - states, sections, countries, counties. etc? Are multipliers counted once, once per band, once per mode, or once per band and mode. The list goes on!

As you can see, there is a lot more that goes into preparing Amateur Radio contesting software in addition to logging a specific exchange. I'm doing my best to create contest specific applications that each perform their intended function very well, so they generally are not adaptable to other contests for which they were not designed.

If there is a contest that you are interested in that I currently don't support, please touch base and let me know. One of the criteria for adding contests to my future projects list is the amount of interest users have for a particular contest!

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ
www.n3fjp.com