Open Ukraine RTTY championship

KC3JNW

Any idea which N3FJP contest program I could use for the Open Ukraine RTTY Championship?

Exchange is state + serial #  ie  PA-001  I believe it is a 4 or 5 character exchange with state and serial combined.

Thanks

Scott Davis

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your e-mail.

All of our contesting software is contest specific. Each program is specifically designed with one contest in mind. You are of course free to use the programs for any contests that you like, but finding an existing program that will support another contest will be quite difficult.

Even if you find an existing program with an identical exchange, there are other parameters you'll have to check as well. For example, are the points counted the same per mode? Do you work the station once, once per band, once per mode or once per band and mode? Will the existing program create a Cabrillo file that the contest sponsors for the other contest will accept? What are the multipliers - states, sections, countries, counties. etc? Are multipliers counted once, once per band, once per mode, or once per band and mode. The list goes on!

As you can see, there is a lot more that goes into preparing Amateur Radio contesting software in addition to logging a specific exchange. I'm doing my best to create contest specific applications that each perform their intended function very well, so they generally are not adaptable to other contests for which they were not designed.

If there is a contest that you are interested in that I currently don't support, please touch base and let me know. One of the criteria for adding contests to my future projects list is the amount of interest users have for a particular contest!

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ
www.n3fjp.com

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Mar 3, 2021 9:35 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Open Ukraine RTTY championship

Any idea which N3FJP contest program I could use for the Open Ukraine RTTY Championship?

Exchange is state + serial #  ie  PA-001  I believe it is a 4 or 5 character exchange with state and serial combined.

Thanks

Buck McDaniel

Pardon my ignorance here...

I noticed that NC QSO party ignores software points and calculates them itself.  Are other contests requiring the contestants to submit their total scores, multipliers etc.?

If not, or maybe if so, Can you create a generic contest logger that can be allows the users to set the terms.

The State QSO party software is similar to most contests except for the unique list of counties.  But, the duplicate checker, the countries list, the list of states showing up are a great start towards a generic contest logger.

Some contests, like the QSOPs do have a unique list of counties, but what about FD, RTTY, etc.?  Most of the actual contact entries are similar:
Unique states, unique prefixes, unique reports, serial numbers, etc. 

Some of the smaller contests I've seen just require a user to fill in their personal information and then just upload a log with the fields they require. 

If the user can edit the field names for the ADIF file, I think it would be possible to create a generic app that would be suitable for hundreds of little sprints and contests you could never justify writing a unique app for.

It's just a thought.    Let me know if I can help in any way. 

PS, I already see all the features I'm asking for.  There are just some in contest logs and some in ACL.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 10:46 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your e-mail.

All of our contesting software is contest specific. Each program is specifically designed with one contest in mind. You are of course free to use the programs for any contests that you like, but finding an existing program that will support another contest will be quite difficult.

Even if you find an existing program with an identical exchange, there are other parameters you'll have to check as well. For example, are the points counted the same per mode? Do you work the station once, once per band, once per mode or once per band and mode? Will the existing program create a Cabrillo file that the contest sponsors for the other contest will accept? What are the multipliers - states, sections, countries, counties. etc? Are multipliers counted once, once per band, once per mode, or once per band and mode. The list goes on!

As you can see, there is a lot more that goes into preparing Amateur Radio contesting software in addition to logging a specific exchange. I'm doing my best to create contest specific applications that each perform their intended function very well, so they generally are not adaptable to other contests for which they were not designed.

If there is a contest that you are interested in that I currently don't support, please touch base and let me know. One of the criteria for adding contests to my future projects list is the amount of interest users have for a particular contest!

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Thanks

Mike Olbrisch

Just thinking out loud here Scott…..  but when you get done with what you are doing now and have some free time, perhaps you could publish the list of additional contests that have been submitted for people to vote on.

When you have some free time to spare of course!   [duckin and runnin for cover]………………………….

Vy73  –  Mike  –  KD5KC –  El Paso – Texas  –  DM61. 

The canyons are calling, colorful and deep.  But I have promises to keep.

And miles to go still in my Jeep...   And miles to go still in my Jeep...

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.   An EXIT is really an

ENTRANCE to someplace new.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Davis via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 8:46 AM
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Open Ukraine RTTY championship

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your e-mail.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Thanks

Scott Davis

Hi Mike,

Free time - FUNNY!!!

But seriously, I am more focused on making the existing programs better, rather that adding more straws to the back of this camel.

Hi Buck, regarding a generic logger, please see this FAQ here (especially the last paragraph):

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q123

Be well and enjoy!

73, Scott 
N3FJP

Sent: Wed, Mar 3, 2021 11:16 am

Just thinking out loud here Scott…..  but when you get done with what you are doing now and have some free time, perhaps you could publish the list of additional contests that have been submitted for people to vote on.

When you have some free time to spare of course!   [duckin and runnin for cover]………………………….

Vy73  –  Mike  –  KD5KC –  El Paso – Texas  –  DM61. 

The canyons are calling, colorful and deep.  But I have promises to keep.
And miles to go still in my Jeep...   And miles to go still in my Jeep...

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.   An EXIT is really an
ENTRANCE to someplace new.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Davis via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 8:46 AM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your e-mail.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Thanks