From: Dale Martin, KG5U <kg5u@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sat, Feb 27, 2021 10:38 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Why is info imported into QSO with another Station

“Please take a look at the ADIF file that you imported. It looks like it contained an error.”

Huh???

Nothing was imported to the log.

They were realtime log entries made with JtAlert/WSJT-X/ACLog.

HK3EIC should not have the County, State, and Name fields filled. Those fields are directly from N5GFH QSO entry 3 QSOs previous. The info in those HK3EIC fields were somehow inserted by ACL when that entry was posted to ACL.

I’m curious to know why.

I haven’t yet looked and am very hesitant to do so, but I’m wondering now if this has been going on for some time and I have hundreds of similarly ‘bad’ log entries.

73,
Dale, kg5u

Dale Martin, KG5U

“Please take a look at the ADIF file that you imported. It looks like it contained an error.”

Huh???

Nothing was imported to the log.

They were realtime log entries made with JtAlert/WSJT-X/ACLog.

HK3EIC should not have the County, State, and Name fields filled. Those fields are directly from N5GFH QSO entry 3 QSOs previous. The info in those HK3EIC fields were somehow inserted by ACL when that entry was posted to ACL.

I’m curious to know why.

I haven’t yet looked and am very hesitant to do so, but I’m wondering now if this has been going on for some time and I have hundreds of similarly ‘bad’ log entries.

73,

Dale, kg5u

Scott Davis

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your e-mail. Please take a look at the ADIF file that you imported. It looks like it contained an error.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

This morning, I noticed that I have two FT8 QSO entries in ACL which contain the same State, County and operator Name.

One entry is obviously incorrect: HK4EIC
The other entry is correct: N5GFH

Why is this happening?

73,
Dale, kg5u