Why is info imported into QSO with another Station

Scott Davis

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your follow up and clarification. You originally wrote referencing imported information so I assumed your were referring to ADIF import. Either way, ADIF or transfer via API, AC Log receives the data from the transferring program. 

Aside from callbook look up, there is no other way for that data to be added. The only other thing I can think of is that a qso was started to be logged, but before pressing enter, switched to a different contact so that the previous information was still in the fields.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sat, Feb 27, 2021 10:38 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Why is info imported into QSO with another Station

“Please take a look at the ADIF file that you imported. It looks like it contained an error.”

Huh???

Nothing was imported to the log.

They were realtime log entries made with JtAlert/WSJT-X/ACLog.

HK3EIC should not have the County, State, and Name fields filled. Those fields are directly from N5GFH QSO entry 3 QSOs previous. The info in those HK3EIC fields were somehow inserted by ACL when that entry was posted to ACL.

I’m curious to know why.

I haven’t yet looked and am very hesitant to do so, but I’m wondering now if this has been going on for some time and I have hundreds of similarly ‘bad’ log entries.

Dale, kg5u

Dale Martin, KG5U

“Please take a look at the ADIF file that you imported. It looks like it contained an error.”

Huh???

Nothing was imported to the log.

They were realtime log entries made with JtAlert/WSJT-X/ACLog.

HK3EIC should not have the County, State, and Name fields filled. Those fields are directly from N5GFH QSO entry 3 QSOs previous. The info in those HK3EIC fields were somehow inserted by ACL when that entry was posted to ACL.

I’m curious to know why.

I haven’t yet looked and am very hesitant to do so, but I’m wondering now if this has been going on for some time and I have hundreds of similarly ‘bad’ log entries.

Dale, kg5u

Scott Davis

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your e-mail. Please take a look at the ADIF file that you imported. It looks like it contained an error.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Fri, Feb 26, 2021 11:50 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Why is info imported into QSO with another Station

This morning, I noticed that I have two FT8 QSO entries in ACL which contain the same State, County and operator Name.

One entry is obviously incorrect: HK4EIC
The other entry is correct: N5GFH

Why is this happening?

Dale, kg5u

Dale Martin, KG5U

This morning, I noticed that I have two FT8 QSO entries in ACL which contain the same State, County and operator Name.

One entry is obviously incorrect: HK4EIC

The other entry is correct: N5GFH

Why is this happening?

Dale, kg5u