Editing my view

Scott Davis

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your e-mail and suggestion. We will keep it in mind for future revisions.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sat, Feb 27, 2021 12:04 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Editing my view

Hi,

I have the same question Jim does. As he said in his original question, it's not just that I want the column in the Main List View to be closer to the left, it's that I want there to be an editable box at the bottom of the screen, along with Call, Date, Band, Mode, etc. This way when I make a new contact, I can put something in that field if I want to. Right now, as far as I know, the only way to easily fill that field is to import from a contest program. But that doesn't let me record things like CWT, SST, WES, and other "unofficial" contests that don't have separate programs, and that I might want only make one or two contacts on because I happen to be passing by.

I would like "Contest ID" to be in the list of fields you can select and reposition in the "Edit Fields Displayed" dialog.

Thanks for any insights,
Rob AC6GO

Rob French

Hi,

I have the same question Jim does. As he said in his original question, it's not just that I want the column in the Main List View to be closer to the left, it's that I want there to be an editable box at the bottom of the screen, along with Call, Date, Band, Mode, etc. This way when I make a new contact, I can put something in that field if I want to. Right now, as far as I know, the only way to easily fill that field is to import from a contest program. But that doesn't let me record things like CWT, SST, WES, and other "unofficial" contests that don't have separate programs, and that I might want only make one or two contacts on because I happen to be passing by.

I would like "Contest ID" to be in the list of fields you can select and reposition in the "Edit Fields Displayed" dialog.

Thanks for any insights,
Rob AC6GO

Jim Hamlin

Sure enuf, unbelievably simple!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2021 8:03:48 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail. It sounds like you want to rearrange your columns on the Main List view. All you have to do is scroll over to the column you want to move, and then click and drag it over to the viewable part of the screen.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

To: n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io <n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Feb 25, 2021 11:52 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Editing my view

I am wanting to substitute the "other" field heading on my main screen with " Contest ID", which is way off my screen to the right, following the "PC Name" field.  However, the "Edit Fields Displayed" window doesn't show me the Contest ID field so I can reposition it.
Obviously I'm doing something wrong.

Jim Hamlin

That sounds too easy.  Will give it a try.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2021 8:03:48 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail. It sounds like you want to rearrange your columns on the Main List view. All you have to do is scroll over to the column you want to move, and then click and drag it over to the viewable part of the screen.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

I am wanting to substitute the "other" field heading on my main screen with " Contest ID", which is way off my screen to the right, following the "PC Name" field.  However, the "Edit Fields Displayed" window doesn't show me the Contest ID field so I can reposition it.

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Jim Hamlin