Can N7YG Digital Engine and ACLog be used with a FlexRadio?

Bill Speedie

Having happily used Scott’s software for years with my Flex 6500, I installed the N7YG Digital Engine but found when setting it up that the documentation says “At this time there is no provision to key the radio using software control via the radio’s CAT interface.”  Is this still the case, or might one of the software packages have had a recent change that’s not reflected in the DE manual?  Thanks for any info.

Bill, KA6T

JoAnn Donaldson

Bill,
    I have been Beta testing his software for some time. Rig control works great. He just added a new feature that will also change the band setting in the N3FJP Loggers. There is an interface screen that allows you to select which comm port will Key the Rig and/or key FSK if you have it. I use the DE Engine for all my RTTY operations and contest. Email me at joannplano2005@... and I will walk you thru how to set it up.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 6:05:33 PM CST, Bill Speedie via groups.io <pdxer0@...> wrote:

Having happily used Scott’s software for years with my Flex 6500, I installed the N7YG Digital Engine but found when setting it up that the documentation says “At this time there is no provision to key the radio using software control via the radio’s CAT interface.”  Is this still the case, or might one of the software packages have had a recent change that’s not reflected in the DE manual?  Thanks for any info.

Bill, KA6T

Jeff Steinkamp

Bill. if the radio support Keying vai the software interface, it will work, assuming that is defined in the definition file for that rig.  I need to update that in the Help and I'll fix that shortly so it is  in the next release.

--
Jeff K. Steinkamp (N7YG)
Tucson, AZ