LogEqf which became WinEqf and eventually has been abandoned. That
logging program had such a feature. It would alert me when a needed
country/entity would show up on the DX Cluster. I just recently started
using AC Log again ( I had tried it a few years ago, but soon after quit
chasing DX) and love it. I've been tayloring it to my liking and miss
that particular DX function. Perhaps some of your other software does
that...I haven't checked it all out yet.  I thought I'd just ask so as
to save time.

Thanks for a great product and thanks for your time.

Eden (Butch) McCollough...K3AFR

Pat Whelton

Hey Butch. Try:

- Settings
- New Contact or Alert Options
- Alert if New

Regards,

Pat - KZ5J

-----Original Message-----
From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Butch McCollough
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 1:00 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Alert for Countries Needed

Hello Scott.

I am trying to work all entities and have 248 logged now, with 92 remaining. Is there any way or setting in your AC Log that will alert me of a needed country from the DX Cluster? I previously had used LogEqf which became WinEqf and eventually has been abandoned. That logging program had such a feature. It would alert me when a needed country/entity would show up on the DX Cluster. I just recently started using AC Log again ( I had tried it a few years ago, but soon after quit chasing DX) and love it. I've been tayloring it to my liking and miss that particular DX function. Perhaps some of your other software does that...I haven't checked it all out yet. I thought I'd just ask so as to save time.

Thanks for a great product and thanks for your time.

Eden (Butch) McCollough...K3AFR

Butch McCollough

Hi Pat...and thanks for the reply.   I tried that, but it only alerts for a new call sign and only after you enter the call sign in the logging data blank.  It appears it only alerts for a new call sign not a new country.

Butch...K3AFR

Butch McCollough

Oh....and also.....it doesn't alert when it appears on the DX Cluster.

Butch...K3AFR

Pat Whelton

Hmmm!!!  Seems to alert me all the time.  My alerts went way down because I have over 300 confirmed but then I made a change in the alerting system to alert me if the country was new to the band and now every now and then I get an alert.

Sorry it doesn’t work for you.

Pat – KZ5J

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Butch McCollough
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 1:47 PM
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Alert for Countries Needed

Butch...K3AFR

Butch McCollough

Pat does it alert you automatically when it appears on the DX Cluster or when you enter the call sign into the log?

Butch...K3AFR

On 2/22/2021 15:03, Pat Whelton wrote:

Hmmm!!!  Seems to alert me all the time.  My alerts went way down because I have over 300 confirmed but then I made a change in the alerting system to alert me if the country was new to the band and now every now and then I get an alert.

Pat – KZ5J

Butch...K3AFR

Pat Whelton

It’s kind of a passive thing (I guess that’s a good word).  In-other-words I’ll be sitting at the desk trading stocks or something and I’ll hear Kimberly say “Needed Spot” or something like that and if I’m not interested I keep on making another million dollars but if I am interested I say “to hell with money I’d rather work DX”.  I then fire up the rig, click on the spot and work a new country on a new band.

It doesn’t have anything to do with entering the call in your log.

Pat – KZ5J

Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 2:16 PM

Pat does it alert you automatically when it appears on the DX Cluster or when you enter the call sign into the log?

Butch...K3AFR

Pat – KZ5J

Butch...K3AFR

Butch McCollough

ok.....perhaps I just haven't had any 'New' countries come up yet on the Cluster.  I'll keep an eye on it.  Thanks for your input.

Butch...K3AFR

On 2/22/2021 15:23, Pat Whelton wrote:

It’s kind of a passive thing (I guess that’s a good word).  In-other-words I’ll be sitting at the desk trading stocks or something and I’ll hear Kimberly say “Needed Spot” or something like that and if I’m not interested I keep on making another million dollars but if I am interested I say “to hell with money I’d rather work DX”.  I then fire up the rig, click on the spot and work a new country on a new band.

It doesn’t have anything to do with entering the call in your log.

Pat – KZ5J

Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 2:16 PM

Butch...K3AFR

Pat – KZ5J

Butch...K3AFR

Bo W4GHV

Butch,  An interesting topic that begs fancy solutions.
I've tried customizing my profile on ve7cc cluster and using ve7cc as my dx spots. 
Using it along with clublog and Win4icom I've had decent results.
I haven't refined this and use JTALERT and ACL to help with audible alerts. 
I guess I need a consise summary of the best way to do this, for this old scrambled brain.
I'm 80 and need to wipe out the remaining 100 countries.
--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54
https://www.qrz.com/db/W4GHV

Jim Shorney

The SpotCollector and DXKeeper modules of the DXLab suite are powerful tools. I use them to track my needs while I use ACL as my primary logger. DXView and PropView are also handy...

-Jim
NU0C

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 08:29:34 -0800
"Bo W4GHV" <bobarr@gmail.com> wrote:

Butch,  An interesting topic that begs fancy solutions.
I've tried customizing my profile on ve7cc cluster and using ve7cc as my dx spots.
Using it along with clublog and Win4icom I've had decent results.
I haven't refined this and use JTALERT and ACL to help with audible alerts.
I guess I need a consise summary of the best way to do this, for this old scrambled brain.
I'm 80 and need to wipe out the remaining 100 countries.
--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54
https://www.qrz.com/db/W4GHV