Cannot get N3FJP software to work with new IC7300

Mike - W4HRL

Here's another positive data point for Win4Icom (or Yaesu, or any other Win4....).  The way it handles multiple programs on a single COM port is worth the price of admission, which is relatively inexpensive.

It is also a great rig control program in its own right.

W4HRL
Mike in Poquoson VA

Richard Riddle

I use WIN4ICOM. IT handled wjstx, a log, and my IC7300 all at once. Win4Icom handles the com ports for a log and wjstx. It works awesome.

Fred K2DFC

I use FLdigi and AClog or the contest logs and have no problem. Use rig control from AClog. You don't need FLrig. I've never used it. Like N3FM said, that may be the problem.

--
Fred
K2DFC

Bob Smallwood

I think the conflict may be between FlRig and ACL. Did you try using just Fldigi and ACL?

Bob, N3FM

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 2/13/21 10:00 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Cannot get N3FJP software to work with new IC7300

I connected FLDIGI through the API in the Winter Field Day Log and I thought the rig control worked fine for my rig. The problems I had were not to do with the operation of rig control.

John VA5SJA

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, February 13, 2021 5:00 AM
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Cannot get N3FJP software to work with new IC7300

AClog and another program cannot both access the CAT port at the same time.  You'll need to disable rig control in AClog while you use fldigi and wsjt-x.

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 5:29 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi John,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you have run into trouble.  I'm by no means an OS guy and your question is way outside my area of expertise, but if you are losing com port access from your OS, my guess would be something is awry with the device driver.  Hopefully someone more knowledgeable in this area will have additional insights for you.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Scott

N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Fri, Feb 12, 2021 7:45 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Cannot get N3FJP software to work with new IC7300

I can't seem to get N3FJP programs to work with FLdigi and AClog or CQWPX with my ICOM 7300.  Ether FLdigi or the N3FJP programs work alone.  I also can't get WSJT-X to work with the logging programs.

My setup with a TS-440s and Hermes SDR never had a problem and worked well with all the many N3FjP programs I used over the years.

Starting a logging program first and setting up the API to Enable Server on port 1100 and then starting FLrig and FLdigi causes port 6 on my PC to disappear.  Port 6 is the USB port for the IC7300.  The FLrig and FLdigi setups are according to what is recommended on the IC7300 settings on Source Forge.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?  I have spent a lot of time and tried many things, but the result is always that it doesn't work.  Is there something about Windows 10 I should know?  I recently upgraded from Windows 7 so I could run my tax program.

John,  W0GN

--

-Thomas AC9BJ
Mount Horeb, WI  EN53da

he/him/his

John Allen

I connected FLDIGI through the API in the Winter Field Day Log and I thought the rig control worked fine for my rig. The problems I had were not to do with the operation of rig control.

John VA5SJA

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, February 13, 2021 5:00 AM

AClog and another program cannot both access the CAT port at the same time.  You'll need to disable rig control in AClog while you use fldigi and wsjt-x.

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 5:29 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi John,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you have run into trouble.  I'm by no means an OS guy and your question is way outside my area of expertise, but if you are losing com port access from your OS, my guess would be something is awry with the device driver.  Hopefully someone more knowledgeable in this area will have additional insights for you.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Scott

N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

I can't seem to get N3FJP programs to work with FLdigi and AClog or CQWPX with my ICOM 7300.  Ether FLdigi or the N3FJP programs work alone.  I also can't get WSJT-X to work with the logging programs.

My setup with a TS-440s and Hermes SDR never had a problem and worked well with all the many N3FjP programs I used over the years.

Starting a logging program first and setting up the API to Enable Server on port 1100 and then starting FLrig and FLdigi causes port 6 on my PC to disappear.  Port 6 is the USB port for the IC7300.  The FLrig and FLdigi setups are according to what is recommended on the IC7300 settings on Source Forge.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?  I have spent a lot of time and tried many things, but the result is always that it doesn't work.  Is there something about Windows 10 I should know?  I recently upgraded from Windows 7 so I could run my tax program.

John,  W0GN

--

-Thomas AC9BJ
Mount Horeb, WI  EN53da

he/him/his

Thomas

Hi John,

Be well and enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

John,  W0GN

--
-Thomas AC9BJ
Mount Horeb, WI  EN53da
he/him/his

Scott Davis

Hi John,

Be well and enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

John,  W0GN

John <radio@...>

John,  W0GN